smit705

The Passion of the Christ

you believe what you want to, but dont start pushing your DISbelief on other people

Bill Cole;)

It is wrong and mostly IMPOSSIBLE to "Force" someone to hold a belief dearly to their heart.
I found that Those proud of being "Faithless" will shout out a being's name when they think "WHOA!??I might die!":)
p.s. The guy that really killed Jesus...
********I killed Jesus, nailed him to the cross, made him die! He did it for >MY< sins, to save >MY< soul (and all others) for the sins "I", Grant Gallagher, comitted and the sins I may commit from putting myself 1st.
I shall NEVER BLAME any other person/s for the "pre-planned" sacrifice Jesus made for me (& you;)).
Mel may have meant the same thing?? when showing "his own" hand driving the "9 inch Nails".

you believe what you want to, but dont start pushing your DISbelief on other people

Bill Cole;)

Bill I hope you take this the way I mean it. I do not understand why Christians seem happy, satisfied, justified, you name it when they comment on the demise of unbelievers' souls. The comments you made about judgment may have been accurate, but they were not conveyed with the heart of Christ. Christ wept over Jerusalem's unbelief and "Longed to gather her (Jerusalem) under his arms the way a mother hen does her chicks". And these are the people that will see to it that he is crucified. My heart breaks every time, I read or hear someone say, "I'm an atheists, or agnostic." They are missing out on the great joy our Father has for them. I do NOT look forward to the day when they will be separated from God for eternity.

Just my 2 cents worth.

All my life I was pushed into believing the way of catholic life. Four years ago i met a guy who opened my eyes and made me realize that life isn't about religion or going to church. It is about believing in urself, knowing urself, and trusting urself. I always brought up this point and maybe someone can help me out with this one. If God is supposed to be all knowing and all forgiving then why do i have to go to a priest and tell him what I did wrong if he knows already.

As far as the movie i don't think i am going to see it. We will never know what really happend that day cause we weren't there. That is something that we have to decide on our own and no movie should make us try to believe what they think happend.

And for u people with no faith never let anyone try to make u believe otherwise. Believe what u want and stay true to it.

I saw most of the Gibson interview with Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday and it was interesting to hear the points that both men made about the movie. There was the possibility that certain parts were not historically accurate e.g. carrying the full cross instaed of the cross beam but he did address the character of Pilate and a couple of other points. I was impressed by Mel Gibson's answers and certainly don't doubt that his personal beliefs on the gospels are very secure. A lot of thought, emotion and belief went into the movie and I would like to see it.

David

I've not seen it yet but am planning to. I would expect it to contain some innacuracies... what historical movie doesn't. I mean, the idea is to entertain first and foremost right?

I just knew there would be a thread about this film when I got into work and was looking forward to posting here. When I woke up to the radio this morning, they were discussing it a little and one mentioned that some are complaining that the film is too "Anti-Jew"... I thought to myself... could you even make a Jesus Christ film that was "Pro-Jew" ? Isin't it a given that the Jews would be sorta the bad guys in a film about the man they rejected and scentenced to death?

I really wanted to get the oppinion of any Jew that may have seen it already. Anyone? What did you think? I'm planning on checking it out this weekend.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Unfortunately I wont get to see this on the big screen - I would love to since it looks like an epic but there you go.

Personally my favourite film on the subject is DOGMA. Because it emphasises the difference between having a good idea (trying to do the right thing the right way) and the sort of 'faith' and 'belief' that has caused religion to be one of the biggest causes of war through history.:S

Cheers out. :)

PS. And it is pretty funny. I like that in a film!:o

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

"I was there when they crucified my Lord
I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword
I threw the dice as they pierced his side
But I've seen love conquer the great divide."

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I saw most of the Gibson interview with Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday and it was interesting to hear the points that both men made about the movie. There was the possibility that certain parts were not historically accurate e.g. carrying the full cross instaed of the cross beam but he did address the character of Pilate and a couple of other points. I was impressed by Mel Gibson's answers and certainly don't doubt that his personal beliefs on the gospels are very secure. A lot of thought, emotion and belief went into the movie and I would like to see it.

David

I saw the first showing of the movie last night. All I can is it was rough, but 99% accurate, probably the most accurate historical movie I have ever seen. I find it interesting how one can hear a story over and over again through the years but when seen in a reliastic video, it affects one differently. I can attest that the movie was painful to watch. Coincidently at one point toward the end when he was carrying the cross, there was a problem with the volume in the theater. At that point I noticed it was a lot easier to watch. The lack of the sound effects made it appear less real, more like reading it in a book (the bible).
Anyway what really annoys me is when people say things like if that is what you believe then fine. This has nothing to do with what people believe. For me I believe Jesus of Nazereth was the son of God, who is the same as god and the holy spirit (all one). As far as I know ,most protestants believe he was just the son of god. Muslims believe he was a prophet and so do the Jews. However none of this changes the historical fact that indeed there was a man who walked the earth speaking Aramaic about 2k years ago and that because of his opposition to the ways of the Jewish faith at the time he was turned over by the Jews to the Romans. Then because the Jews insisted on crusifixtion he was tortured and then killed. Now this in no way means I hold any grief toward Jewish people. This was thousands of years ago. MOST people of the world have changed and this kind torture on the basis of a difference of faith is unheard of in MOST circles of faith. However this movie is based on historical fact NOT religion and I do believe that it is a story that needs to be told.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I saw the Movie last night.
I liked it. Being a Muslim I believe in Jesus.
The thing I liked most about it was not what happened and the story.
The most important thing about the movie is it is going to make people think, and talk about what they believe. I think that is the most important thing we can do.
In the Muslim religion I was told to understand it don’t just say you believe. The only way we can understand things is if we talk about them openly. If you don’t believe in god fine if you do also fine.
The worst thing I can do is judge any one. That’s not my job
As many have you seen my posts suck as my writing skills suck monkey balls.
But the point is remembering what is important whether you believe or not.
Me personally I Believe in God.

Darius
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

"Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name"

;)

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Quote from Romans 8:31

For all Brothers and Sisters

31 What then are we to say about these things?

If God is for us, who is against us?

32 He did not even spare His own Son,

but offered Him up for us all;

how will He not also with Him grant us everything?

33 Who can bring an accusation against God’s elect?

God is the One who justifies.

34 Who is the one who condemns?

Christ Jesus is the One who died, but even more, has been raised;

He also is at the right hand of God and intercedes for us.

35 Who can separate us from the love of Christ?

Can affliction or anguish or persecution

or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

36 As it is written:

Because of You we are being put to death all day long; we are counted as sheep to be slaughtered.[19] Ps 44:22; see Is 53:7; Zch 11:4,7

37 No, in all these things we are more than victorious
through Him who loved us.

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,
nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing
will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!

In Christ
Dave Smith

I just saw on the news where a woman had a heart attack and died during the movie when Christ was crucified. How violent is it and is it appropriate for a 15 year old to see? I know I'm not taking my younger children , just wondering if it would be too much for my oldest as well.

Hmmm... Well I'm surprised that noone has mentioned this but, religious dogma aside, how does this movie stand up on it's own as a movie?

It's gotten mixed reviews from what I can see and sadly anything that anyone else says about it being good or bad needs to be taken with a serious grain of salt, because most people who have seen it thusfar are those whose opinions are very biased by they're own personal beliefs about the subject matter.

As far as inaccuracies go, yea there are going to be some of those. It wouldn't be a hollywood movie otherwise. The point of it is to entertain and make money, simple as that.

Someone in a previous post had said that this was based on historical fact. That's simply not true. It's based on a best guess at what the historical facts might have been, based on very select (very biased) writings that can be no more considered "fact" than any other book you might read.

Someone also said that this movie is for everyone. Again, I disagree. While I haven't seen it yet, I've heard enough about it to know that it is very violent and very gory. Children should be shielded from this violence and gore just as much as they should be from violence and gore in any other R rated movie.

Religious ferver is an interesting thing, and sadly it makes it so that few people can talk objectively and unemotionally about the merits of this movie.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

This is a fine example of the media scraping the bottom of the barrel for tidbits of information to discredit the movie. It's a media feeding frenzy to attack Mel Gibson. In the entire population of the US, they find a story of a woman who dies, from cause unknown, while watching the movie. There'll probably be someone in the entire US population who dies standing in line in the cold waiting to buy a ticket to the movie as well. It's a big place. That's not Mel Gibson's fault. People die all the time doing all sorts of things. Who's to say that her condition at the time wasn't unstable or that she wouldn't have died doing something else that day. I hate that the media is using this story for that means. I had the feeling that they would, though. This woman's death is being trivialized for media hype. It's shameful!