swoopfly

packed first mal

hello

this past weekend i packed my first malfunction. i estimate it somehwere around 2300 pack jobs, and it was on a tandem. i am kicking myself in the ass over it though i know shit happens.

so the discussion is about the mal, it was a brake toggle that i swore i stowed just like all the rest, but apparently the loop holding the toggle slide down past the gromet and on opening locked up where the toggle is soft preventing the line from unstowing. i know the TM did the right thing cutting it away because he is just fine. A few people have told me this has happened before, has anyone experienced something similiar?

hello

this past weekend i packed my first malfunction. i estimate it somehwere around 2300 pack jobs, and it was on a tandem. i am kicking myself in the ass over it though i know shit happens.

so the discussion is about the mal, it was a brake toggle that i swore i stowed just like all the rest, but apparently the loop holding the toggle slide down past the gromet and on opening locked up where the toggle is soft preventing the line from unstowing. i know the TM did the right thing cutting it away because he is just fine. A few people have told me this has happened before, has anyone experienced something similiar?

Well hell you packed 2300 before the first one... cool.

I packed my first malfunction for my own 5th jump:ph34r:[sly

Yes I had this mal on a Vector 2 when a master rigger assembled and packed a new main for me while I was working. the toggle was stowed past the stiffener and was not removable during flight. My rig was jumped by another TI on the first jump and had an uneventful Reserve ride until he landed and the rear line group fell off the riser into his hand but that is another story all together... Get back on the horse and keep packing your ass off.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421