miked10270

We're WHERE!!!?

Perhaps more one for the "Non-Americans"

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Where're you from & can you do it?

Go on. Post location & scores :S.

I got 35. the North-Eastern states buggered me.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Go on. Post location & scores :S.

um, 48... :P

The hardest part was getting it to actually accept delaware, I apparently kept dropping it in atlantic ocean.

/edited to add: there was something like this a while ago floating around with north african/middle eastern countries that was a bit harder. I think I only got about 2/3rds of those right.

This is actually something I have noticed moving around.

People from outa town, more so foreigners that moved to a place will typically know the states, streets, counties, and place names better than the average individual that has lived there for his entire life.

Here is my theory. When I moved to a place, I will look at a map for a long time, trying to figure out places and streetnames and such. People who grew up there will know what the places look like, but wont always know the names. (for instance, a foreigner will say: "turn left on nicholasville road, then two lights down until you hit cooper". A lifetime resident will say: Go to the end of the street, turn right, til you see the church with the big spire, make a right and you will see the park...etc.)

Just an interesting observation! Do you all agree or not?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Don't worry, on a map of the UK, I could place Edinburgh, Dublin, and London correctly, and that's probably about it. :P

well, Glasgow too, but who wants to talk about Glasgow?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Phew...thanks for that...feel mildly less stoopid for failing 'third grade' now!! :P

We should find a map of UK and see how you guys all do!

Bx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

ummm... 5...

no... really.

:$ California, Florida, New Mexico (guess) Delaware (hint from above :P) and... umm... another guessed one.

:$:$ sorry guys...

hell, I can only name about 5 counties in the UKand that's about the size of what? Florida? My geography always did suck... don't let me spot! :D

Anyone else notice Michigan's UP didn't light up when you put the state name on the LP?

I know they keep threatening to secede, but I never thought they'd really do it!

Judith
Imelda Marcos just wanted some cute shoes that didn't make her feet hurt. Why's that so hard to understand?

I got a 48 outta 48................................now why in the fuck couldn't i do that back in grade school!!!!!!!!>:(>:(>:(>:(
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Actualy that's something else that worries me.

What is a "Short Bus"?

I don't know [:/].

Does not knowing what a "Short Bus" is automatically qualify you for the Short Bus?

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Yeah! Got 'em all. Damn New England and all their itty bitty little states. Shee-it, Rhode Island is the size of my neighborhood... :S

Just kidding, I think. Lemme check it out...

Population:
RI: 1,069,725
Hou: 4,177,646

Size:
RI: 1,045 sq.miles
Hou: 5,995 sq.miles

Uh, no, I wasn't kidding.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?