SarahC07

Ladies in Texas!

:)! RedAssSkyChic and I talked to her for awhile on Saturday and she gave us this neat idea...

Flyangel2 is from Colorado and if I remember correctly she said their are really only 2 dropzone's in Colorado... AND that once a month(usually on a Saturday) many of the women jumpers (she said they usually get about 20, but it started as small as 8) in Colorado get together at one dropzone and jump together/share experiences/hang out and have a great time!!

So, I was thinking it would be kinda fun to try to get something like that going in Texas. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), Texas is a huge state and has maybe 12 or so dropzones... picking a center meeting point may be a little bit more difficult...

But before I start getting anymore ideas... I want to see how many women in Texas would be interested in this type of thing...

Please post or PM me if you are interested... If I get enough interest, maybe I'll start an e-mail list...

Sarah:D

(... I think there are very few women in TX who post on dz.com :()

We were counting the number of the regular girls that jump consistantly at Spaceland and could come up with at least 30. Many are not dz.commers that I know of, but I would think that the majority would probably be interested in doing something like that. Keep us updated!
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

The wonderful and beautiful women of SDD get
together every other month or so at a local
restaurant or watering hole for a "Girls Night Out".
My GF is an organizer, so i've heard the stories and
seen the pictures, and i can assure you they have a
BLAST! Sometimes 20 or more! Like they don't get in enough gossip at the DZ. LOL
She doesn't post here and won't see this, so send
a PM for a link to the email list if interested.

Sarah,
Wow, I'm so glad to see you taking this idea and running with it. What we have found from trial and error with our meetings:

- Make sure you have some kind of agenda. You know how us women tend to get off sujbect

- Bring is some one that knows what they are talking about. Example, how we are having two female riggers speak at our next meeting.

- Bring munches and wine.

- Set the meeting date at different DZs in your area, so other gals can make it.

- Remember to contact that DZO and let him know you are bring out gals for a day of jumping, and ask him for a discount on jump tickets. Afterall; you know the guys are going to follow you all.

- Keep the meeting right on the DZ, and behind closed doors, the guys tend to be a distraction. Besides, you know we want they wondering what is happening behind closed doors.

Good luck, and keep me posted on the results.
Mar
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It was really nice meeting you!! I hope to see you again, sometime soon!

Count on it. I'm just bummed I wasn't able to be the first female to jump with you and Morgan.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Flyangel2 is from Colorado and if I remember correctly she said their are really only 2 dropzone's in Colorado

sorry couldn't help it.... there are 3 bigger ones...... mile high(longmont), denver skydivers (brush) and skydive the rockies (cannon city).....