Seattle Skydiver Ben Jacobson Dies

Just got a call from a friend of a friend...

Seattle Skydiver Ben Jacobson, about whom I posted a "vibes" request on the "Talk Back" forum last year, passed away early this morning. Ben was sent home from Virginia Mason one week ago after it was determined that nothing further could be done for him.

Ben: You were an outstanding aviator. That disease took you from us, but it never defeated you. You were tough always, brave to the end, and an inspiration to us all (though you did look a little funny freeflying with that chemo pack taped to your arm - heh). Blue skies, brother.

mh

I miss Ben already.

In the short time I knew him, he inspired and encouraged me. He made me laugh so much! Ben has touched me and his generous spirit lives on inside me.

I am sad. My prayers and thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Love to Shannon and peace and eternal blue skies to a great coach & friend of many. Ben's humor and warmth will be missed terribly...:(

The phone call this morning broke my heart, though we knew unfortunately it was inevitable...prayers and support to Shannon to make it through this difficult time in her life after the loss of her husband.

-It was a beautiful day over much of Seattle today, and it just seemed fitting to look through the 24th floor windows of the Fifth Avenue Building dowtown and see holes in the sky with sun shining through amidst bright blue, and feel that he is there and at peace.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You were tough always, brave to the end, and an inspiration to us all (though you did look a little funny freeflying with that chemo pack taped to your arm - heh).

Blue Skies Ben my friend. Thru all the pain and the medication yet you were still there with us at Snohomish passing on your knowledge to new freeflyers last summer. What an inspiration to us all.

Major(((Vibes)) to all his loved ones.

Thanks and fly free bro:(