ifics

MTV's I want a Famous Face!?!?!

Sort of like that "swan" show, where they do drastic surgery and such to turn someone "beautiful."

I'm sorry, but I think that the media's version of "beautiful" is disgusting!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think if you are not happy with your self then what makes you think you would be happy looking like someone else? Still the same person no matter what you look like on the outside.

Yeah...I have never understood how someone would want to willingly go through major surgery, that required tons of downtime prior to it and recovery to look like someone else...The concept baffles me...:o

~R+R:)...I don't like my body...but by God, I am gonna do my damnedest to keep it healthy, strong, and looking its best...;)...That and my boobs are bigger than most stars who pay for them...sooo...nyaaaaaaaaaa....:ph34r::P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

The first time I saw previews for it I was disgusted.....I cant even believe MTV is supporting that, or the peoples family is ok with it.....

Its sad if you ask me...

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I agree. It's pretty sad. I can understand a person's right to opt for cosmetic surgery, it's just not my thing.
What really bugs me is who the show is targeted at... MTV's audience is young and largely impressionable. What kind of message are they sending? If you don't like how you look, you can tuck, suck, implant, inject...
I haven't seen it, nor 'The Swan' but it just strikes me as irresponsible programming, worse even than the overreaction to Janet's breast-baring incident or Howard Stern, profanity or violence on TV. These can be filtered out, but cosmetic surgery masquerading as a 'solution' and worse yet, 'entertainment'? Doesn't sit very well w/ me.
Just my $.02.
-C.

PS Took this week off for no real reason other than to relax (and jump a bit). Hadn't planned on today, but woke up this morning and just decided to go and jump. First time I've really been able to do that without planning ahead and waiting for it, counting the hours. The spontaneity was way cool. B|

Ya know, I've seen the show and to tell you the truth no one looks any different to me after they do the surgery. They definitely don't look like their favorite celebrity. Come on people. You can't change your bone structure. You will always look like you afterwards. No one can turn you into something you're not. Sure your nose may be smaller and your boobs are bigger, but your face still looks relatively the same.

Why try to look like someone else? You were born with this body. Don't try to change it.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I want a famous face >:( I dont get that show. You want to look like someone else, that is disturbing!!!

On the other hand SWAN, I dont know, I saw the first episode and again on monday. It think it hel emotionaly and phisicaly thoes ladies. The have trainers doctors and psychologist. They improve the women self esteem and confidence which I think is invaluable. You can see a total trasformation from someone who thought they where nothing to a confiden HAPPY human being. . . plus the one that won the first episode looks hot! I think it help those ladies.

I want a famous face!! >:( wrong
SWAN!! B| good

<------------>
Gravity Addict #3; Hispa #9

Remeber when MTV played Music Videos...? yeah... only to be interrupted by the blonde guy with big hair doing MTV news, and YO! MTV Raps was what they considered a show.

Theyre doing the same thing to CMT now. I think VH1 owns MTV and CMT.

MTV2 plays videos, but it's mostly rap and well kind of getto'y. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

Yep. This is some sick stuff. I haven't watched the show, but I saw the ads for it - like "I want to look like Pamela Anderson Lee."

It's too bad they don't tell these ladies everything. I've seen Pamela Anderson Lee in person, and trust me, she does not look like Pamela Lee. I actually think that Pamela Lee would be a great person to appear on this show. I.e., "I want to look like me without the need for airbrushing or 3 hours per day in a makeup chair."

Look at the thread in the "Women Only" forum about airbrushing. Pamela Lee needs a lot of it, and a lot of makeup to look like Pamela Lee.

That's the shame that they would want to look like someone who is, fundamentally, a fiction - a figment of the makeup and airbrush artist's imagination.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't think the plastic surgeons are stepping over the line, they're just marketing their services. What I do worry about is kids watching this kind of crap and becoming dissatisfied with who they are. Wanting to change themselves into someone else's perception of beautiful. It's the whole Barbie Doll issue revisited. I'd never be considered good looking in the classic sense but I have an interesting combination of features that makes me look different than any one else. Can you imagine a society where we all looked the same? Pretty boring.

Of course I'm not ruling out that eye job in 20 years!