ifall

Liquid body armor

Point 1: What scares me is that all those engineering classes I took in college actually have me understanding the term "shear thickening fluid". The whole thing works like wet quicksand; slow movements and everything moves together, but with quick movements the liquid is "shocked" away and the particles build up on one another to stop motion. Pretty cool.

Point 2: I readily agree (from direct experience) that any form of GOOD tequila will make you FEEL invincible. However, it's just a thinly veiled lie... you don't feel the pain of your injuries at that moment, but the next morning is a different story!

Elvisio "I did WHAT last night? Oh, that explains the bandages" Rodriguez

Of all the things we could do with this amazing technology and you want to have a "pillow fight"?

Well.....Yeah:)
Poor unsuspecting victim would think nothing of the pillow till they got clouted with the "Pillow-Baseball Bat" (Trademark pending!).

Yes, I'm sick. :D

Blue ones,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

ohh the dropin it froma plane implacations are awsome... liquid in freefall and then SMACK!
yea I know, I need help.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Make up a thick solution of cornflour and water or custard powder and water. The liquid will flow like syrup... but when hit will turn to a solid for a short time. Same principal. Fun science lesson for kids.

I remember my 9th grade science teacher demonstrating that. It was cool!
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

No...no! Mustn't apply things learned in my polymer chemistry major...musn't know that Ethylene Glycol is freaking car Anti-freeze. Musn't know that it is one of the two main components in polyester polymer. Ahhhhhhhh! Well at least exams are over. This is a cool concept though.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."