Unstable

Do You Play the Lottery?!?!?

I have a Question in my mind that has been bugging me and I wanted to get a Poll here on DZ.com to see where the rest of the skydivers stand.

The Question - Do you play the Lottery?? Do you do it for Fun, the Hope of Winning, Habbit, or some other reason? Any thoughts of insights you have to share with people about it?

For Myself, I do Occasionally Play the Kansas Lottery. Being a Statistics Major, I know that I'm probably not going to see my $5 or so back again, but I think of it more as entertainment. I like to play around in my mind thinking about how I would spend the money If I won the JackPot - A nice Tour of all the Major DZ's and then Save the rest for School and Investments......

Sigh, To Dream.....[:/]
=========Shaun ==========

Nope, NEVER! Never have, Never will.

Aside from my religious and ethical reasons, I have always seen it as something people that have no sense about their finances engage in.

I can see how tempting it is, but it is not only the $5, but the mindset that you put yourself in. You want to get rich by doing nothing. Why not put all those dreams to constructive use? Keep them alive EVERY DAY, know what you will do with your money, and make a plan to get it.

America is the most blessed country. Anyone that wants to can make as much money as he desires without any authroity stopping him/her. Go to Rwanada or Ethopia, and your perspective will change. Dont be the average american that is SUPER blessed but does jackall with it!

Personally, I be completely unhappy shortly after I won the lottery - I need to know that I DID IT. I EARNED IT. I WORKED FOR IT.

(Sorry for my passionate response!:D)

Edit to Add: I prolly should have just said... Nope....and left it at that!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I think that people that have this mindset only include a Small (Yet passionate and visible) Population of the lottery ticket buyers. I think that most people, like myself, realize that we arn't paying for the money we can win, we are just paying for entertainment.

its a tax for stupid people

I've always said that it's a tax on people who were bad at math.

That having been said, I voted for often. We have a lottery pool at work and I pitch in a buck or two a week because even though I know there's almost zero chance of winning, I couldn't stand being the only person left in the office if they do win.
illegible usually

I play the lottery to piss of the all the Baptists. They are my motivation to play. oh yeah and the fact that some of the money goes for scholarships. I know not all of it, but more than the Baptists are chipping in.

My chances of winning are slim to none although I did win $35 on scratch offs and only spent $5.00.

POWERBALL!!

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I sell lottery tickets at the store I work at. If someone has me print up a ticket and then decide they don't want it, I'll usually buy it.

But for now, I'm running out of money and I can't do that anymore.

I am grateful for the lottery though because it pays for me to go to college. Well it *did* before I lost my scholarship....[:/]
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I play the lottery to piss of the all the Baptists. They are my motivation to play. oh yeah and the fact that some of the money goes for scholarships

AGREED!!! (Well, Except for the Part about the Baptists.... :D)

I play the lottery whenever I breeze through Texas. The $5 or $10 I drop I consider purely entertainment...like you, I daydream about my winnings on the drive back home.

If you can't afford to lose the money...don't play. When I travel to Vegas, I have a set amount I take with me earmarked just for gambling (not much I assure you because I hate to lose more than I like to win). Pure entertainment.

Anyway...someone has to win and the way I figure it my odds are as good as anyone elses.

I spend approx. $15 to $20 a year on lotteries with ppl from work.....have never won(suprise suprise)

My parents spend atleast $20 a month on the damn things for the last 30 years or so......never won much....till a few weeks ago...then they hit it BIG:)
I now find myself playing the damn things more often:$.....the odds of winning are staggering...but as my mother sais...ya cant win if ya dont play:P

Oh yes, I play the lottery.

It's the price of my fantasy - you can't daydream about what you'd do with it if you never play. I realize that I probably have a better chance of becoming president, but it's fun to think about.

I'd be able to do a lot more for the world and the people I love than with what I make now. And I would NOT be one of those yokels who goes bankrupt within five years. That just pisses me off.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?