aprilcat

Does Anyone Have a Cat Who....

I know I've mentioned I have a cat (mr6) that doesn't like to be brushed..but now summer is coming and his behavior is freaking me OUT.
He won't let me brush him, and I will get him shaved (that'll fix his a$$), but in the meantime, he's always(well, for the year I've had him) had this habit of grooming himself by licking, then biting off clumps of hair and spitting them where he sits.
I've banned him from my bed. Where ever he 'grooms' himself in this fashion looks like a bird exploded (all white fur in patches). I've got snowdrifts behind my desk and I know all that loose hair is going to kill me eventurally (second hand dander) It may just be his own way of doing things, or is he crazy?
~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

i had a teacher in high school thatwould pull her hair out in clums..she was crazy.. but i guess not crazy enought to stop them from having her teach us..... the day she was absent and we turned every thing inher roomupside down was greatthough... she thought the aliens were comng for her......

as for the cat.. heck yeahshave it.... my mom used to do that to one of our long haired cats wheni was younger... strngely enough after about 3 years he sort of just disapeared.... he was a cool cat too.....

I think I've found your re-incarnated teacher. But I'm not turning everything upside down to straighten him out...nice thought though; maybe I'll glue him to the ceiling and see how that works.~~april

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Yep my cat sees the brush and hisses and runs and hides. I don't have anythig that doesn't have cat hair on it. If I don't put my clothes away the instant they come out of the dryer she is all over them.

Oh and She is my snooze alarm. If I am not out of bed by 6:30 am she starts jumping on my head. Not a nice little pounce mind you, but a full fledge JUMP! I have a filing cabinet in my room that sits about 2 feet abve my bed, she climbs up on it and JUMPS onto my head. She repeats this every 4-5 minutes until i get up. REALLY SUCKS on the weekend when I want to sleep in>:(

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Hey at least he's smart enough not to eat the hair. One of my cats is puking up hair balls at such a rate that I can't keep up - Really. It's Nasty. I'd rather vacuum it up than pick it up wet full of half digested food, mucus, and stomach juices.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Get the new Cat food that has the hairball remedy in it. I forget the brand I buy but it is one of the popular ones. I didn't think it would help but I havn't cleaned up hairball puke in 3 months since I started buying it!

Charlie would not take the hairball stuff from the tube. Didn't matter what Kind I bought. I have 4 different tubes of the shit.(anyone want them ;))

Only thing that worked was the cat food with it already in it.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

April,

We have a cat with very long, fine, thick hair that not only sheds clumps of it, we have to get her professionally trimmed because her hair will mat itself into great knots which pull at her skin. We scissor them off when we can get her to sit still long enough.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

i have a long haired cat as well, and he hated the stuff in the tubes, but cats are just such anal creatures, that if you smear it onto his front paws, he'll lick them clean. :ph34r:
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Not my Charlie girl. She walked around trying to shake that shit off. She wanted nothing to do with it. I finally felt bad enough to wash it off for her.[:/]

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

What with me being allergic to cats, I would call that sweet revenge...

I always used to think you were perfect...but now i find out you're allergic to cats. This is a sad sad day for Raya de luz.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Wow, that's awful! Poor thing...[:/]

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Wow, that's awful! Poor thing... [:/]

Yeah, I was giving him allery injections, which seemed to help. He also gets anithistimines. He hasn't had a lesion in about a year.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

My persian hates being combed, if I want to walk away with all my blood still in my body my only option is to shave the mats out. I bought a battery operated shaver and since it's fairly quiet and small he doesn't mind to much and will let me at his mats for about an hour. I know a bigger shaver would be faster, but then I would need to get kitty valium to survive the encounter. :P
Fly it like you stole it!