Viking

Does anyone here have a Jacaranda tree around there house?

Basics of how to care for it and specifics on transplanting it out of the pot into the ground. Should i prep the soul with something? Watering, How fast should i expect it to grow? Illness' that i should watch for?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Dude, they make the nicest damn flowers! THey line the streets of my old home and put on a dazzling display of purple.

That said, they'll fuck up your car during the blooming season with flowers and sticky sap.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That said, they'll fuck up your car during the blooming season with flowers and sticky sap.
That's true, the sap will mess up the paint of your car....so don't park your car under the tree.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Now is a great time to plant any type of tree so your good to go on that. When you find a good spot dig the hole 2-3 times as wide as the container it is in. Do not use any soil amendments. The reason for digging the hole that size is to airate the soil you will use all the soil after planting so keep it near the hole. Do not dig the hole any deeper that soil depth because the tree needs to sit on a hard pack of soil. This way the tree does not settle in any deeper into the hole if it does the constent water sitting on the trunk will make the trunk soft and possibly kill it. After you have the hole dug cut the container off and place it in the center of your hole. Try to not mess up the root ball. Then back fill the hole with the soil that you took out packing it a softly you should have a little soil left over to make a burm around the tree to collect the water. Make the burm about 1 to 2ft away from the trunk and water it every day for the first 2 weeks filling the well 2 times a day if possible once in the morning and once at night.

After the tree becomes a little more established water about once a week. A long deep soking is best about 10-15 gallons the first year over a few hours.

The Jacaranda should grow about 2-3 ft. a year and a little faster once established. Growing to about 25-30ft tall and 20-25ft wide.

If you want it to flower a little more give it some phosphorus it is the middle # of any fertilizer. It should get Nitrogen in the form of ammoniam sulfate about 2 times a year.

The only illness that they can get some times is a little Iron clorosis just use "ironite"

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Bignoniaceae/Jacaranda_mimosifolia.html

I found this about your tree. I just had a major fire through our property and part of our home. In the rebuilding, I am looking at replacing some lost trees. I had a beautiful Albizia julibrissin (silk tree, mimosa) that I would love to replace with a Jacaranda. However I am in zone 7-8, and recommended zones are 9 - 10. I may be too cold in the winter.

Anyone have any ideas to support or deny this?