alanab

to jump.... or not to jump this weekend?

Your foot is still sasquatch-sized. You've got to be crazy to be considering jumping with it like that. Imagine if you had a bad landing with it already f-d up like that? You might never jump (or walk, for that matter) again.

Be smart girl, let it heal properly.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

A few of us already had a plan. If we saw alana wearing her rig, i was gonna pull her reserve handle.:P There was no way we were letting her risk injuring herself.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

looks like my ankle :) it's not that swollen any more, but at some point it was all black from my toes to my knee :) nothing torn, just a crack in one of the foot bones and major brusing. i'm still limping and it was 2 weeks now. i say, stay on the ground for now ... :S

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

More importantly... did you get that beer?!!

I really was going to. I told Don I just needed one tasty beer to hold me over until I went to the store for my owed case. Well.....next thing you know I drank quite a several of Don's beers and then put the tap in the keg of Killians........:D I guess I will have to make up for it at Tecumseh this weekend. ;)

I jumped last weekend with a really sore neck, I was injured in the unfortunate phenomenom known as "Stupid things skydivers do in the hangar when it is raining". I wasn't expecting a hard opening b/c I haven't had one in a long time but I got one. It sucked. It sucked BIGTIME! I'm sure you wouldn't expect to get a bad spot or a wind gust that lands you hard on a road or even worse.. in a tree, but shit happens. In hindsight, I shouldn't have jumped. But it was my pre-second Otter weekend at my small Cessna DZ, and I couldn't pass up a chance to be on an 18 way. Don't make the same mistake.

Oh yeah... and water jugs make great creeper bowling pins, but watch out for the full ones! ;)

BTW, it sucked sure, but it was worth it.... 8+ ways don't come around our DZ a whole lot. :$ But I can't in good concsience tell you to go ahead with it... which is pointless anyway, because I guess you are talking about last weekend... blah.. my dumbass needs to hit the orthepedic pillow.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson