PhreeZone

PD Statement on larger Optimums (160-253)

http://www.performancedesigns.com/products.asp?product=op

April 8th 2010

TSO Update on Large Optimums (160-253)

Good news! At this point it appears that all the additional information we sent to the FAA will meet their expectations. Based on correspondence today with our FAA representatives, we believe that all prior concerns regarding the TSO approval have now been satisfied. We now have a very clear path forward! We anticipate that their final FAA review will soon be complete and believe that our TSO for the Optimum 160 through 253 will be probably be issued in the next few weeks. Please know that as soon as we actually have the TSO approval in our hands, we will post this on the website, and any and all additional information sharing resources we can employ. If you have placed an order with a PD dealer, rest assured that your order will be the shipped as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

LATEST NEWS per UPT!

PD has announced that the larger size Optiums (160, 176, 193, 218, 235, 253) have received their TSO certification from the FAA and they will start shipping them on Friday (5/21)
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Where the heck did you find that?

I just checked their blog, the optimum page and their facebook...

Bout time!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

and so many thought it woudn't ever happen. Congrats UPT!

Bout time is right!

UPT?

Try PD;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

http://www.performancedesigns.com/products.asp?product=op

We are pleased to announce the FAA has granted TSO approval for the Optimum reserve parachutes in the larger sizes 160, 176, 193, 218, 235, and 253!

For those customers who have placed orders for these size Optimums, we will begin shipping these existing orders starting Friday May 21, 2010. For those who have been holding off placing their order with their local dealer until this announcement, your time has come! We have all Optimum sizes in stock with lots more being built and placed on our stock shelves each week.

With this news comes the benefit of the Optimum Reserve for heavier and/or more conservative jumpers: the added safety of lower opening forces, more powerful landing flare with greater forgiveness to errors, and the capability of fitting a larger sized reserve in your customer’s container.

You can find more details on the large Optimum you may find more information below. You can also hear John LeBlanc speak about the long awaited release of this canopy here .

We hope you will enjoy this innovative new product as much as we’ve enjoyed bringing it to you. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your local authorized PD dealer.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Check UPT's status on Facebook ;)

Had one too many of those jello shots there man?:D

PD...

UPT had an status update on it early today and PD updated their status with the details after UPT posted about it. I'm just glad its out so I can look at swapping canopies out for a rig!
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

UPT had an status update on it early today and PD updated their status with the details after UPT posted about it. I'm just glad its out so I can look at swapping canopies out for a rig!

Ahh, so UPT spilled the beans, granted, I figured thats what the big announcement was anyways.

So the way it sounds, the Optimums pack ~1 size smaller, and 'fly' one size larger?

IE: an optimum 176 will pack like a 160 but fly like a 193 or so?

Ahh, so UPT spilled the beans, granted, I figured thats what the big announcement was anyways.

So the way it sounds, the Optimums pack ~1 size smaller, and 'fly' one size larger?

IE: an optimum 176 will pack like a 160 but fly like a 193 or so?

+1

I felt like my Optimum 143 flew bigger than my Safire2 159.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----