lifewithoutanet

The Big O...O...

As in, the big 1-0h-0h. Did my 100th this weekend; 15-way w/ camera. I was last out, would join the formation and then as it went to a round, fly into the middle and dump high to watch everyone else fall away. "Don't go low." "Dude, don't go low." "Don't F this up." "Slow down early so you don't fall out." I must have heard those all about 50 times and I was determined to make the formation.
So, I exit and I'm flying down to my slot. "I'm not going to go low. I'm not going to go low. Holy, shit...I'm really not going to... Shit!" I looked back up and could see people shaking their heads at me. They looked like they were having fun.
And yes, I can tell you the precise location of the pool. Thought I was going to escape it, but that night in the Bombshelter, Paul (who'd gone swimming hours before for his 300th), suddenly remembered my 100th. I stalled w/ a protest of "Let me set down my wallet and phone and I promise I won't fight," and then promptly booked for the door. They caught me outside. I went swimming.
In any case, it was a blast and well worth the laughter and joking I received when it was all over. Thanks to Bill, Mark, Ryan, Justin, Steve, Chuck, Katy, Lori (on camera) and the others, who's names I can't recall who were involved on the dive.
Other than the 100th: coach sit-fly w/ Dave G (dude can fly); sit-fly 5-way, 4-way, 2-way (all in one jump...that's just how it funnelled) w/ Dave G, Ryan, Justin and Steve; 2-way FF w/ Brandy (she fcukin' rocks); 2-way RW w/ Bill; 2-way sit w/ Rochelle (we'll keep it together next time); two tracking dives (one for Alex's 5000th) and a few other RW jumps. All in all, a great weekend and now I'm stuck in the office until Thursday when I get to jump again.
-C.

Congratulations Colin!!! Don't worry about going low, a 15-way is pretty advanced for your 100th. I think that it's awesome that you did it! :)
I do have a question...in the pic that you posted, I only counted 12 people (+ one on video, I assume?). What happened to the others? :o

When my ankle heals & I can jump again, I will be close to jump 200. (I'm at 183 right now.) If you promise to not go low...lol...I'd like for you to be on it, OK? ;) It won't happen for a few months, but I am really looking forward to it. Hopefully, it will be damned good...:)
Btw, why didn't you do your 100th nude, like Steve? :P

No worries, dude. Everyone has fizucked up a jump or two in their lives. Congrats on your 100.

Thanks, Laurel. I'll get it next time, or the next time, or the next time...

In SCUBA diving, fear floats.
I guess in skydiving, tense sinks.

Well, I really wasn't tense, but if only I could give you insight into the confidence I had that I WASN'T going to sink... Well, you'd think to yourself, "Yeah...definitely a newbie."

See you in September.

Nate, bring your rig to McGarry's wedding and we can either get some jumps up north or head down to Perris before or after they get hitched. There's also the bachelor party in August. Think Dan'd be up for a skydive?

-C.

Congratulations Colin!!! Don't worry about going low, a 15-way is pretty advanced for your 100th. I think that it's awesome that you did it! It seems like you all had a great time on it...and afterwards! Lol!

Yeah, it was a blast. Wish you were there. HEAL FAST!

I do have a question...in the pic that you posted, I only counted 12 people (+ one on video, I assume?). What happened to the others?

The 13th came in at the round. The 14th fell out and tracked off about the time I fell through.

When my ankle heals & I can jump again, I will be close to jump 200. (I'm at 183 right now.) If you promise to not go low...lol...I'd like for you to be on it, OK? It won't happen for a few months, but I am really looking forward to it. Hopefully, it will be damned good...

You got it, Rosa. And I'll be sure to practice up so that I won't be watching your dive from below. :-)

Btw, why didn't you do your 100th nude, like Steve?

Because then the ladies of Perris would have seen two disappointing naked men in one weekend. That and something about a petition they were threatening to circulate to stop me from doing it.

-C.

Congrats Colin! GLad ya made it this far. Sometimes I don't know how you made it! ;)

Don't feel bad about going low on your 100th here is a picture of me going low on my 600th. As you can see I let the camera man know what I felt about the whole thing!
Dom

Whooooo Hhooooo on your 100th man!

Were you saying one of us was going in the pool with you.... ha all you took in with you was a piece of my jacket

Hey one think else Did everyone notice how nice the weather was this weekend in southern California wowB| good thing we have 3 months and 3 weeks left of it. :P:P:P:P