tandembrent

the power of appologies!

i ran into a person from my past today! when we last spoke the words weren't very friendly to say the least, we were both wrong in our actions and deeds. the first words out of their mouth was "I'M SORRY". those 2 words instantly dropped the former barriers and led to a very nice conversation with assurances that we will speak again.

those 2 simple words can and do often mean as much or more than "I love you". the power of those 2 words can (but not allways) undo even the greatest wrong doings or actions.

i have made 3 appologiies today in an effort to open closed doors. who knows if these will be successful, but i feel better for trying anyway!

2 simple words!!!!!!!

try it sometime, you may be suprised at how you feel afterward. and maybe suprised at how it makes the other person feel!

2 simple words!!!!!!!!!!

an additional thought here-
those 2 words are the hardest for most people to utter!

~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

try it sometime, you may be suprised at how you feel afterward. and maybe suprised at how it makes the other person feel!

2 simple words!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...owning up to making errors and apologizing and taking responsibility is important.

But what do you do when you have made a bad error in judgment, find out you've hurt someone badly emotionally, apologize twice to their face, send an email to them apologizing yet again (entirely sincerely) the very next day, and they don't accept the apology? What then?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

you reallized your mistakes and then made honest attemps at appollgizing, that is all you can do! the fact that the other person cannot accept is beyond your control! hold your head up and feel good about at least trying, the effort is sometimes the best reward.

~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

"I love you". the power of those 2 words can (but not allways) undo even the greatest wrong doings or actions.

2 simple words!!!!!!!

2 simple words!!!!!!!!!!

those 2 words

That was a beautiful post. But, ummmm....you might want to count those words again :P

Yes, but when repeated over and over for the same thing, "I'm sorry" doesnt mean shit.

Yup, what Chelle said.
"Sorry" is not some magical redemption to free a person from all shitstorms.
Some things just cant be 'fixed'.

Having said that, I will admit to once being so blinded by love that, if she had nuked my home and buried my car, a "sorry" would have covered it. Go figure.;)

2 simple words!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...owning up to making errors and apologizing and taking responsibility is important.

But what do you do when you have made a bad error in judgment, find out you've hurt someone badly emotionally, apologize twice to their face, send an email to them apologizing yet again (entirely sincerely) the very next day, and they don't accept the apology? What then?

Ciels-
Michele

Interesting question coming from you. My answer, as I've learned and lived, is that an apology is for you, not for them. It cleanses your soul and makes things right for you. If they don't accept it, you just move on, because you should not be apologizing for them, but for you. You can't make someone feel something. It is always their choice.

I have moved on.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Interesting question coming from you

Really? Why is that?

(edited to add...)

I have moved on.

My post wasn't about you ... but good to hear you've moved on. From what, I don't know, but good deal.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Interesting question coming from you

Really? Why is that?

Michelle, if you can honestly say that you don't know why I'd say that, PM me and we'll discuss it.

I have moved on.

My post wasn't about you

I don't believe that I implied that I thought that it was. Of course I know that it wasn't. I simply say what I feel that I need to.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!