TheRus

LMFAO!!! Nickleback Slam

OK, I can hear it but honestly folks, you listen to any one groups albums and you will notice a similarity in all of their songs sooner or later.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I just can't wait till the Screaming Backstreet Boys(Linkin Park) go out of style so I don't get distracted changing the station while driving.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

People, after Pearl Jam came out almost EVERY BAND sounds like them, Creed, Nickelback, you name it, besides, nowadays, EVERYONE copies EVERYONE, originality is dead.

originality is dead.

Maybe in rock, but you still have good music that's original.

Listen to Bluegrass or Jazz.;):)

Agree, in fact, I've been listening to "indie" music for the past 3 years, a friend of mine has a daily webcast.

(Shameless plug here)

You're kidding right?

Jazz has been copying the same stuff for 60 years - they just get a new singer and all of a sudden its a hit again. Its the improv thats so great.

Don't get me wrong, I've got over 200 jazz CDs - even majored in it at Univ. of North Texas - but original, its not. But thats the good part.

Jen
Arianna Frances

...I've got over 200 jazz CDs - even majored in it at Univ. of North Texas...

Jen

Skymut flashes 'talon' to fellow Eagle...(class of 94) :)

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Watch out, I'm gonna get a flaming for saying it, but:

AC/DC.

nuff said...

Elvisio "ducking" Rodriguez

No flaming here...you are right on. If you've heard one AC/DC song, you have heard them all.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

they just get a new singer and all of a sudden its a hit again. Its the improv thats so great.

Ok firstly, screw singers, I want to hear fat trumpet licks. :P

My point was the improv. Not only that but the evolution of the different styles of jazz.

Don't get me wrong, I've got over 200 jazz CDs - even majored in it at Univ. of North Texas

I've got gb's of jazz and play lead trumpet for the A&M Jazz Band, so we're both on the same page.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

LOL... I have to say that the drums are the same in every song but not trhe guitar.;)

as far as PRE flick of the switch ACDC they were good.

the newer stuff is all about sleeping with schoolgirls! they got lazy. but the guitar is relly the only thing that changes in the songs!:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

what we have here is an example of the american marketing machine.

Except, they're Canadian.
And if it's an example of what marketing can do, then it's also an example of how the public blindly follows marketing and publicity instead of true quality.

As it happens, I like some of their stuff, don't like other stuff. Same goes for most artists out there. Only a few can be 'first' with cutting edge stuff.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

OK, I can hear it but honestly folks, you listen to any one groups albums and you will notice a similarity in all of their songs sooner or later.

Good point... and what's more, people complain when that isn't the case. Whenever a band releases a new album with even a slightly different style, I hear lots of people bitching about how "they USED to be good, man"...

Of course... there IS a difference between sounding similar and sounding identical :ph34r: