Slappie

AC is out at work

Yep that's right, I live in Houston and the AC is out in my office. Temps are going to be in the low 90's this afternoon with 100% humidity. Only 10am and I'm already getting uncomfortable at my desk with a fan stirring the air in my office. I warned them on Friday when the AC guys were here doing some maintence. Told them and my boss that they've screwed something up and it's getting warmer. No one listened to me, thought I didn't know what I was talking about.. Well here it is Monday no AC and it's getting hotter.

So, I need some resonable excuses to get out of here early this afternoon before I'm sitting at my desk sweating buckets.

Let's hear um.. I know I'll get the off the wall ones, but hey let's hear your excuses. How do you get out of work early because you just want off?

No I wont be leaving early to go jump. Even though the weather is wonderfull. B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Well i'm a chick so i can always use the "female problems" excuse. Hell, you could try that...really scare the boss. :)

It would go like this:

Slappie: Boss, I'm having an"issue", you know - it's "That Time" and I feel so bloated and frustrated, and - I really think I need to go home.

Boss: Shawn, that is the 2nd time this month WTF?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Try this:

"These working conditions are a hazard to my health and mental well being, I am taking the rest of the day off while the problems are fixed. This is not going to count against my days off nor my sick leave, since this is 100% the management's fault."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Try this:

"These working conditions are a hazard to my health and mental well being, I am taking the rest of the day off while the problems are fixed. This is not going to count against my days off nor my sick leave, since this is 100% the management's fault."

I'd follow with:
"And the AC is broken too":D
Remster

Good thing about working in OK...it's actually a state regulation here that if the outside temps are above a certain range, and there isn't AC in the building, that the employees cannot stay in the building.:D

I'll think about you from time to time while I'm chilling here in my 68-degree office....Actually, I may also go down to the computer room where it's a blisteringly hot 51 degrees.:P

*grabbing my warm Breckenridge hoodie because I'm just an evil-:ph34r: like that*
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Try this:

Very good one Aggie, but I kinda want a job to return to in the morning. Don't want to piss off mgt. Just want to get outa work this afternoon. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Good thing about working in OK...it's actually a state regulation here that if the outside temps are above a certain range, and there isn't AC in the building, that the employees cannot stay in the building.:D

I'll think about you from time to time while I'm chilling here in my 68-degree office....Actually, I may also go down to the computer room where it's a blisteringly hot 51 degrees.:P

*grabbing my warm Breckenridge hoodie because I'm just an evil-:ph34r: like that*

Ya we don't have any such regulation in Texas. Wish we did. Normally I have a small space heater next to my desk to take the chill off even mid summer.

Going on lunch time and I still don't have a reliable excuse to get out of work. There are some really uber slackers on this site. Help a brother out!!

Food poisoning from breakfast. Go in the bathroom and make a lot of noise from the stall and make sure a co-worker hears it and then go tell the boss your not feeling good. I was done with my daily work at 11A and I got here late today.

Big Ed

Man that sucks. You need someone who knows a thing or two about air conditioning to give you some pointers.:D How about the longer the ac stays off, the more humidity build up (especially on the gulf coast) and mold can start to be a problem very quickly and you are allergic to mold.;) Warm and humid air, especially that which is uncirculated can cause breathing problems for those with asthma.;) find anything useful yet??:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Man that sucks. You need someone who knows a thing or two about air conditioning to give you some pointers.:D How about the longer the ac stays off, the more humidity build up (especially on the gulf coast) and mold can start to be a problem very quickly and you are allergic to mold.;) Warm and humid air, especially that which is uncirculated can cause breathing problems for those with asthma.;) find anything useful yet??:D:D

Oh Brains if you could see the mess this building is in.. Mold is probably the dominate chemical in the circus of chemicals I breath daily here. So using that excuse wouldn't work..

Guess I'm here for the duration, since you slackers didn't help me... only have about 2.5hrs left..

Thanks for NOTHING!! :P:ph34r:

help me... only have about 2.5hrs left..

Sucks to be you...i'm home already.

They finally got it fixed about 30 mins ago. It's starting to cool off. Guess I'll finish my day.

Here it is AGAIN .. Fuckin AC blew up over the weekend and we're all frying in the offices today.

Man I need a new job with more money, less responsibility and AC that works!!