TomAiello

I love this car

Then you just pick and choose the accessories you want to add. Pretty pricey with the adds.

I think that's the strategy with lots of small cars. BMW apparently makes a _much_ higher margin on MINI options than on the cars themselves. Their pricing strategy appears to be to leave the base cost the same, but increase prices on options when they need to make more money.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Right, I have to agree Tom. They will make a very small margin off the base price. The dealerships make all the money off options. I looked at the mini Cooper, just to high of a base price for my pocketbook. :S

I've been tweaking my order form for a week or two. Still haven't totaly commited to buying it. I have 2 years left in my truck. Buying the xB would extend that back out to 5 years but save me about $100 a month in payments, then add in $18 a month in insurance (full coverage) and about $50-80 in gas. So who knows.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

ah yes, the stripes, nice catch! those aren't the official mini stripes. the dealership has a dealer with the local trimline guy. $100 and you get the stickers.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

...you gotta check out the SmartCar! It's so damn tiny you can park it on the sidewalk! Or you can parallel park it sideways (with the bumper to the curb instead of the door)...

700cc 3 cylinder engine. But you can change the outside trim like a mobile phone cover. It's just moulded plastic and pops off easily. Today I drive a white car, tomorrow blue, then who knows ...

...you gotta check out the SmartCar! It's so damn tiny you can park it on the sidewalk! Or you can parallel park it sideways (with the bumper to the curb instead of the door)...

700cc 3 cylinder engine. But you can change the outside trim like a mobile phone cover. It's just moulded plastic and pops off easily. Today I drive a white car, tomorrow blue, then who knows ...

Cool! Ya, I would love one of these cars. I think they're actually making a model that will be allowed in the US now. I think in 2006. But it's going to be a different model, I think 4 doors.
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

any pictures?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I think they're actually making a model that will be allowed in the US now. I think in 2006. But it's going to be a different model, I think 4 doors.

DoH! Just found this with little effort http://www.smartcarofamerica.com Neat little car. Not very practicle for Houston driving. Maybe for inner city commutes.

or there
it's even worse, in german, but have a look at the roadster, the roadster coupé and the crossblade...
but it's friggin expensive for such a small car... The Brabus models ar starting at 32 thousand francs around 25k $:S
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM