AggieDave

Who's going to Skyfest?

I wonder if anyone has an update on Yoshi? If he's gonna be back out there this weekend, etc.

What happened to Yoshi? Why wouldn't he be out this weekend?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

You will probably make it to Spaceland before me, I have to wait until 5 to escape the office. Can't wait!!! It'll be nice to have some other Aggies around the DZ this weekend! WHOOP!!! Conway's going to love it!

We called around last night about Yoshi but haven't heard much about his condition. Some people that we talked to said that he was banged up but nothing major.
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

OMG I am tired from this weekend.

things that happened:

1) Me in the base of a 22 way!:oNo shit - it happened!
2) I was priveledged to do video for a world record - (not sure how all that works) - "Second Generation" skydive
3) Did video - lead plane - 35 way formation load
4) Kathy Spillers did a multi point - SCR - tandem skydive
5) Videoed a 30 point 4 way - that was cool.
6) Videoed Gary Byers and and Dave ????? and so many other BAD ASS flyers
7) Videoed MOUTH trying to get her SCR - *Sigh*:D:D
8) Met some of the most awesome people I have ever met.
9) Got Drunk.:)
and last but not least -
10) Being able to contribute to skydiving festival that's whole purpose is to help students and up-jumpers increase thier awareness and talent, as well as learn how to do these things safely.

I'm not very good at expressing myself (when being serious:ph34r:) So take this post and add 20 pounds of emotion to it.

I feel as if I have scratched the surface. I feel as if I can feel a very small portion of the exhillaration that people like Gary Byers and Mary Santangelo and SO MANY others (J help me out here with the names) all those that were taking skydivers with 30 - or 40 - or 50 - or whatever numbers of jumps and giving them a taste of what it feels like to be on teams and to have extremely successful skydives. There was a young man there named Spencer - he had somewhere around 50 jumps when he got there. Gary jumped with him twice doing four way. the last one - doing stardion stardion - and some donuts and some side bodies and I think a compressed - was able to do more than 20 points.

Just watching that happen was giving me a rush the size of Texas. Skydives like that can never be forgotten. Skydives like that are permanently burned into the brain. The knowledge that Spencer and so many others will take away from this boogie, like experiances, puts me in awe. The people that were there and were able to participate as a mentor have my upmost respect and admiration, as do the Schrimshers, for making this all possible.

Thank you, all of you, for allowing me to be a part of something that is destined to be one of the greatest influences in skydiving.

My hat is off to all those that participated. You cannot have this an event happen without the support of a great staff. Everyone in Spaceland was as helpful and professional as they could possibly be. The facilties looked great and the beer was cold.

I cannot wait for next year.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

you mean to tell me that Lisa (Mouth) didnt get her SCR????? OMG... no that can't be, the fact that she didn't get poured on doesn't take away the fact that we will pour on her eventually to congratulate her on the succesfull SCR!!!!!!

Skyfest rocked and so did all the people that showed up and shared.

Had a blast with everyone from belly to freeflyers, superjumpers to 50 jumps and comming up fast, inflatable to real... I mean.... erhhh

hah even with you turtle, I share the feeling as I go by inertia alone to keep me awake, but it was fun.

cya

you mean to tell me that Lisa (Mouth) didnt get her SCR?????

Nope - Bwahahah - Of course we did make it "somewhat challenging. . . .

I think the plan was as follows -

1) Run outta da skyvan 2 by 2
2) Do at least one flip
3) Two ways and bigger turn points until the rest are there

so you see - it was pretty simple - but alas - the point turning speed star with a flip out of the back of a tail gater running at full speed did not allow enough time for poor Lisa.*sigh*:D:D:Dto be awarded an SCR.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Well, you see, that plan was only shared among a couple of people. The rest of us had a different plan, although it was still pretty casual.

The whole "2 by 2, hesitate between people running out, turn points" part was added in the airplane :S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, you see, that plan was only shared among a couple of people. The rest of us had a different plan, although it was still pretty casual.

The whole "2 by 2, hesitate between people running out, turn points" part was added in the airplane :S

Wendy W.

Oh well -that was still one of the most fun dives I did that day - not the most electrifying - but still the most fun.

I'm glad everyone had a blast. I'm very sorry I was not able to get out. I was going to post about my weekend and bring everyone down but that would be selfish.

I'll catch everyone soon enough B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Yeah you can hear it in the video - WTF are they doing - Lets go - then - OH! Cool! _ funn stuff - and the visual was incredible - bodies flinging past me at MACH TWO - HOLY SHIT AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH Hmmm UHmmmm - sorry - it won't happen again. Just - Uhhhmmm --- I just -- got carried away for a minute. I'm ok now.