PhillyKev

Good motorcycle mags????

So, I'd like to get some motorcycle magazines. Particulary dealing with Harleys. Anyone have suggestions? I'm looking for something that will give me ideas for customizing, have good tech articles, nice shots of bikes, info about rally's (main stream, not outlaw biker stuff), the occasional t&a shot is fine too, but I can get that elsewhere so not a requirement ;)

On the list so far to check out are Easy Riders, Biker, and American Iron. Anyone have opinions on these or others?

My Dad gets American Iron every month, and I'll read his copy every once in awhile when I go to visit.....I don't know much about bikes, but it seems pretty good to me. Good tech articles, and some AWESOME custom bike articles. They also cover the big rallies, but I'm not sure if they have a calender of up-coming events.

"So, I'd like to get some motorcycle magazines. "

Though not strictly Hog oriented, nor cheap for that matter - MCN - Motorcycle Consumer News - they have some of the best reviews, tech and safety tips without having to sort through dozens of pages of ads (which results in the high cover price).

"So, I'd like to get some motorcycle magazines. "

Though not strictly Hog oriented, nor cheap for that matter - MCN - Motorcycle Consumer News - they have some of the best reviews, tech and safety tips without having to sort through dozens of pages of ads (which results in the high cover price).

It's the only magazine I ever found worth renewing. Most are the typical special interest magazine - chartered to tell you which latest product you should buy, but with virtually no objectivity or willingness to tell you a product sucks. Rider would be the worst example, but Motorcyclist and Cycle World weren't far behind.

If anyone wants to pay the shipping, I have about 6 years worth that I'm about to recycle. Goes through the beginning of the year.

I'm liking the Harley parts book right now fro reading;) It occupies me for hours and hours... what part goes with what what do I have to change to put this on or this but this dont work with that but that will with this and not with that....

It has pictures:P

But yeah I could use some advice for a decent motorcycle mag that is Harley orientated too.

How about checking out some non-Harley focused mags... like "Cycle World" and "Motorcyclist" they cover Harleys as well as other bikes. So many "bikers" I meet only know Harleys and just berate everything else...

Don't forget there are plenty of other great bikes out there that aren't "rice-rockets" i.e. Triumph, Ducati, Aprillia, BMW, etc...

happy motoring. :)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I was suprized by the amount of acc. that JC whitney has, they have a catolog just for bikes. so start there,
plus there are lots of catologs tailered to harleys,
but being a honda rider I only know the general biker mags, rider is a good general for all bikes.
my recomendation is go to a book store, where they have a large selection and flip through. that will give ya a pretty good idea, plus you won't have to wait for a subscription.
motorcycle consumer news is a good mag, though boreing at times.
american iron will have your harley parts;)

Ride Texas is pretty damn good, but then again, I bet you don't care since you're not in TX. Metric Cruiser is pretty good too, but you don't have a metric.:P

Yeah, I'm not up for a ride to Texas yet. But I have heard really good things about that mag.

Nope, no metric, in fact I had to run out and buy a set of SAE sockets because I didn't have any :D

I ordered single copies of Easy Rider, Biker and American Iron. Going to check them out. Coincidentally the last issue of American Iron is about customizing sportsters.

Oh, I have read V-twin a few times, its a fairly decent bike mag...Hot Rod Bikes is all about making your HD go fast and look cool (atleast what they think is cool), so that's not a bad idea...

The Fat Book, you can't go wrong with the Fat Book...You can read it online now too.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."