diveout

ladies vote: guys who play guitar

Just about anything country sounds good on guitar - minus the sad, my woman left, my dog died, lyrics. "Cross My Heart" by George Strait is my favorite! :)

Country songs are awesome if you just play them backwards. Got the woman I really want, found a cool dog that took to me right away, termites fixed up my roof and moved out, etc..

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Ok I'm going to just say it: I can't stand "country." There has never been any country played on my guitar and never will be. I respect the talent of the artists and all, but I can count the number of country songs I can just tolerate listening to, on like three or four fingers- and I don't really like those songs either

For guitar, give me some Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, Clapton, Zepplin, Beatles, Pearl Jam or even Roy Orbison and call it good

There has never been any country played on my guitar and never will be

Dude, you gotta open up a bit. Country's got some of the hottest pickers around - John Jorgenson, the legendary Charlie Sexton, Albert Lee, and Junior Brown. I've spent hours trying to get those country bends down...

If for nothing else, study some of their techniques - string bending, uses of fifths and thirds. And Willie Nelson is simply breathtaking as a guitarist.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I said I respected the artists, not that I was gonna try to play their music. That's for people who listen to it --which I don't. You want a string bender? Try a fella by the name of Jimmy Hendrix.

I know a lot of modern music has country roots and influence, and I dig Willie Nelson tunes kinda. OK fine I like Johnny Cash. You won't find me flat picking dixie any time soon-

For a change try traditional Celtic Music in a DADGAD tuning, it sounds like a bagpipe...seriously, very cool stuff.

Ok I'm going to just say it: I can't stand "country." There has never been any country played on my guitar and never will be. I respect the talent of the artists and all, but I can count the number of country songs I can just tolerate listening to, on like three or four fingers- and I don't really like those songs either
For guitar, give me some Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, Clapton, Zepplin, Beatles, Pearl Jam or even Roy Orbison and call it good

And I thought I was all alone.
KEVORKIAN before country.