WFFC

WFFC Aircraft (inadvertently revealed)

and compare that to a King Air.. http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?pg=0

and I'd say there is nothing to worry about..:P

Roy, the URL seems to be incomplete

You have used an incomplete link (URL).
Please check to make sure you entered it correctly.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yeah from those pictures it looks like the pac has only a marginally better tail then the king air... but it has a much nicer door though.

with only 1 prop, i'm guessing it doesn't climb like a king air though... how long does it take to get to altitude?

MB 3528, RB 1182

13-15 minutes. About on par with a Super Otter. Most King Air's have PT6-20's on them. Super Otters have PT6-27's, a few lucky Otters have PT6-34's (droooool). This thing comes with a -34 standard. Fixed gear eliminates those gear up landings too :$

Nice thing is the PAC750 will let you put 3 4 way teams(with camera) on board and maybe a tandem too. Try that with a King Air. ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

just take care while launching "big" ways... inform the pilot, and try to have the divers in the front of the plane and have them run and dive, not everyone behind.... The plane in Switz has had a collision with a skydiver during that kind of exit which lead to a stall, the skydiver didn't feel anything special, the plane did...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

13-15 minutes. About on par with a Super Otter. Most King Air's have PT6-20's on them. Super Otters have PT6-27's, a few lucky Otters have PT6-34's (droooool). This thing comes with a -34 standard. Fixed gear eliminates those gear up landings too :$

Gear up landing? Now where might that have happened recently?
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Mullins King Air last fall for one. King Air in Alabama I think last spring. Moss Point had a Westwind Beech land there gear up I'm pretty sure in the last few years.

3 in the last 3 years for sure that I know of. Possibly more too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Paxton was having a turbine beech in the week preceeding the WFFC. They're now having a King Air...trying to get the scoop on the Beech - it wasn't clear if something happened to it or not.

Paxton was having a turbine beech in the week preceeding the WFFC. They're now having a King Air...trying to get the scoop on the Beech - it wasn't clear if something happened to it or not.

That's funny. I didn't see anything on the FAA website. Wonder if it got reported or not.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

OK...the basic details on Jim West's Beech that was going to Paxton (just north of Rantoul) the week prior to the WFFC. It apparently had a gear up landing, so it's grounded till it's fixed. Anyone have any more details?
-----
~~~Michael

AGAIN??? Or was that from awhile ago????

Not sure when it happened...assuming recently...Paxton was getting a Beach and were told it had a gear up landing so it wouldn't be down the week before the WFFC.
-----
~~~Michael

I wonder if they still have to stand in front of it with a fire extinguisher every time they fire it up. :S

That plane scared the shit outta me. B|:D

Edited for: Oops, that was their other Beech that flamed up all the time. Wrong plane. My mistake. :P

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

His plane had a gear up landing a few weeks ago....did they just hear about it???

This is probably the same incident then. Started asking questions on what happened to their Beech when it was changed to a king air. Didn't ever hear about the initial incident a few weeks ago. Not sure when/where it happened.

Didn't ever hear about the initial incident a few weeks ago. Not sure when/where it happened.

But, I'll let you know the very little I know. It happened at Skydive Greene County, and no one was hurt.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

But, I'll let you know the very little I know. It happened at Skydive Greene County, and no one was hurt.

wonder why it wasn't ever reported? If it's out there, I'm sure Chris can find it to get the report.

wonder why it wasn't ever reported? If it's out there, I'm sure Chris can find it to get the report.

I don't know why it wasn't ever reported. It seems like a pretty big deal, but what do I know about airplanes and landings.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

His plane had a gear up landing a few weeks ago....did they just hear about it???

As far as I know, they heard about it sometime at the end of last week. Which is when they managed to get the King Air.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF