BASE813

Investment in FL or Canada

I am based in the UK, and my GF and I have been looking to invest in property overseas.

We are both interested in Florida, and have looked at what seems some rather good deals in property that can also be rented out to holiday makers at a price covering the mortgage and with a little profit. The main reason though, is to give us a place we can use and perhaps eventually live there (although getting a green card / citizenship in the US from the UK seems pretty fucking hard!! >:( ) - or sell up with some equity.

I just wanted to ask anyone on here with experience in FL what the property market is like and whether you can see a rise or fall in property prices, or whether any non-americans have invested in property in this area and what your experiences are like.

Will will probably look at locating near to Disney and a golf course for the marketing to the holiday maker market.............

Any thoughts about this will be welcome.............

Also another area we are looking at is Cananda, as getting to be a resident is pretty easy and after some info and tests we both qualify............... I dont know shit about Canada, so if there are any canandians out there PM me.............

Prices are going off-the-hook right now, so this is prime time to be investing round here....

Lemme be an asshole here, and correct that. I may still be the right time to invest. The right time was before this big rise. Though florida, from what I hear, still has great opportunities.
Remster

The condo market in FL is a very good investment opportunity. My brother and sister-in-law just bought one for that purpose. They are in real estate also, so I don't think they would have done it if it wasn't considered a good investment. (We all deal with new home sales, so we can't really help you with this purchase, but I can probably give you the name of the person they used.)

If you want a beach place, look to Daytona Beach, New Smyrna or Cocoa Beach. If you want it by the theme parks, Kissimmee is a good place to start.

PM me if you want any more info.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Prices are going off-the-hook right now, so this is prime time to be investing round here....

Lemme be an asshole here, and correct that. I may still be the right time to invest. The right time was before this big rise. Though florida, from what I hear, still has great opportunities.

I used to vacation in FL alot back in the 90s and had friends that moved down back then. Things were "going off the hook" then too so I don't think it's a short term trend. My friend more than doubled there money after selling there homes in just 4 years.

Thanks for those that have PM'd me, I have received alot of information that will keep me and my GF busy for a while whilst we decided how to plan this to work out for us............

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Be cool people.............