Muenkel

Who here gets their teeth bleached?

I dropped about $80 on a Really Nice Home Whittening kit about a year ago. Basically I stuffed this monster retainer in my mouth for half an hour in the morning and then again in the evening.

Miserable. I quit using it after a month or two. Sure, my teeth were lots whiter, but the treatment was miserable. Any cuts in your gum, any sore spot in your teeth, or any sensitive areas experienced the most intense burning sensation I've ever had in my mouth. The Edges of my gums were tipped white, and The treatment made me drool like a St. Bernard.

I'm just going to go see my dentist....[:/]
=========Shaun ==========

I'm just going to go see my dentist....

Smart move. Atleast you'll get a custom made mold to wear. Much more effective. Expect to drop about $300 initially though. The initial treatment takes 15 days. Then you move on to refresher kits which are only 5 days and cost about $20.

Smart move. Atleast you'll get a custom made mold to wear. Much more effective. Expect to drop about $300 initially though. The initial treatment takes 15 days. Then you move on to refresher kits which are only 5 days and cost about $20.

Really, That Cheap?!? And I'll bet those custom-fit molds reduce the drool factor..... Hmm, Sounds like a plan!! :)
=========Shaun ==========

Really, That Cheap?!? And I'll bet those custom-fit molds reduce the drool factor..... Hmm, Sounds like a plan!!

Yup. Atleast that's what my dentist charged.

On a side note, if you do have sensitive gums or a sore, it will still sting a bit. But you get used to it.

I knew a lady that used to brush her teeth with Comet, you know, Comet the powder super cleaner used in bathrooms...not real smart, BUT her teeth were seriously white. This was atleast 10 years ago, long before the teeth whitening craziness.

Honestly, I have more important things to worry about then the shade of white my teeth are. If I get them 4 shades whiter, its not going to do a damned thing to improve my life.

Now if teeth whitening helped me with calcalus, then that might be something worth looking at.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."