Layton

lost my little dog.

i have been on vacation this week. we left the dogs with my mother in law so we could go on a mini trip.well monday my mother in law called and said that our little yorkie jack had gotten out. my mother in law lives in a rual area and we looked monday and all day tuesday.its hot and humid here and i dont know how long the little guy would last outdoors.my wife is heartbroken as am i. we dont have kids and these animals that we have are our kids.jack only weighed 2lbs 13 oz. so he cant go without food or water for very long. everyone in the area where he got out said that they would look for him.seems that there are animal lovers all over.oh well this really sucks. oh yeah monday was my birthday too.happy birthday to me.so keep an eye on your little furry children and hug em every chance you get

I'd also suggest calling the animal shelter/pound in your town & all surrounding areas. Our boy jumped the fence a few months ago & didn't have his tags on at the time. I called all the local shelters/pounds & left a description of him; shortly thereafter we got a call from the pound two cities away. Good luck & I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.

when i lost my cat,
* i put up signs in a 5 mile radius - and changed the color several times so they would still catch people's attention
* i put a flyer on everyones mailbox in all surrounding areas
* i spoke to all the neighbors
* i ran an ad in the washington post for weeks - and checked the found ads regularly
* i put an ad on petfinder.org - and checked the found ads
* i contacted all local animal rescue groups (starting with all the ones listed on petfinder.org
* i faxed every vets office
* i called and paid several visits to surrounding animal shelters
* i spent hours upon hours searching, and calling him
* i left out items in surrounding areas that had my scent or the scent of his playmates (recommended by the pet detective i corresponded with)
* i posted signs at the pet stores
* i spoke to a pet psychic

the one thing i didn't do, that i wish i had, was get a pet detective physically involved.

my cat was never found, and it's been almost a year. i still keep tabs with local rescue groups and shelters, but i have little hope.

do everything you can now, and don't give up. in the search for my cat, i heard very many amazing tales of happy reunions. good luck. my heart goes out to you in such a difficult time.

bettina

:( Sorry to hear. How far is your mother-in-law's from your house? Sometimes, pets will try to make it home.

Good luck finding your baby.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

.so keep an eye on your little furry children and hug em every chance you get

That I do. My best buddy took off a couple months ago. Happily for me she came back a couple hours later. I feel for you; just a couple hours of not knowing where she was had me devastated.

I hope Jack is found and back home with you soon.

Well... I've been thinking about you and your dog. We lost our cat many years ago... we finally found him 6-months later when somebody answered our ad in the newspaper. It seems the woman's son had found him (with no collar on) and he'd been living happily at their house all that time... with the name "Butch". :S

Don't give up hope! Persistance pays off! (((((((Another Hug))))))

~Samantha
Pink Mafia Sis #26