ChasingBlueSky

Blue Angels flying in Chicago

Anyone else getting buzzed by these guys today as they practice for the weekend?

I'm about a mile west of the lake and they and part of their return trip is right above my work. Actually, four of the planes approach then two break off just as they get near here.

I don't think I will be able to concentrate today. Ok...need to go back outside and watch them.

Oh my God they were in Atlanta over Mother's Day weekend so the Friday before I had the total pleasure of watching them practice all day long.

It was FANTASTIC! They were buzzing the parking lot and setting off car alarms.

My office is literally 1.4 miles from Dobbins Air Force Base so I think I had the best seats in the house.
I could read the serial numbers on the pilots facemasks as they flew by.. B|

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

OMG, the funniest thing. I've been in this office for 6.2 years & so am quite use to this annual pre-airshow practice. My co-worker is the 50+ lady that is an IDIOT!! I really think she's certifiably crazy, execpt she has Phds in like 3 fields. ANYWAY, they just buzzed our bldg, she ran out of her window office, hands flying around, yelling "what's goin on, what's going on? did you hear that? whawhawha..." then ran back into her office & slammed the door shut:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I wanted to roll on the floor laughing.

Like chicken little, the sky is falling the sky is falling!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Sounds like she's been practicing her emergency procedures...

If a plane is flying at your building, run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, then eliminate avenues of escape.

It's people like this that the "Executive Parachute" were made for. If you can't find the stairs on your own... well, try BASE jumping. :S
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I wish this woman would try BASE - out her stupid window onto the bldg. next door 10 stories down - grrr.

growing up in FL we had huge storms where the thunder would shake the bldg. W/ the BA passing by, I get a bit of a warm memory feeling buzz.:)

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Thats so cool! I work with a lady who's husband is on the Blue Angels team. She left today for Chicago.

I guess living in Pensacola we take seeing the Blues for granted. Whenever they are flying around here everybody is like "Oh it's the Blues again".

I bet it's pretty neat to see from an office building though. They really do put on a good show, loud, but good!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

It's kinda funny for me. I live four blocks from Midway Airport and hear jets all the time...the noise never bothers me, in fact I love it. (gotta love walking out the front door in the morning and smelling JetA!).

I find this jet noise and how much they make the building shake to be very enjoyable! Its intersting watching the whuffos here at work complain about it.

There will be GKs at the Airshow, and also at SDC this weekend.

I heard a rumor (at Rantoul) that Oprah would be doing a tandem with them on Saturday at SDC.

BTW, does anyone know when the GK's will be doing their thing at the airshow? I've never seen them.
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Have NEVER been to the show. Love the planes, hate crowds but really have the urge this year.

Anyone have any tips on good spots to watch from?
I tried Metromix for info but the local clubs/restaurants are soooooo pricey.

Usually not a problem to hoof it to get to a spot but hubby has a sore ankle and can't go too far.

Any help is appreciated111111