RevJim

Rod + the 412 @ WFFC/Rantoul in the future

Hey all. Just a simple poll to get the feel of the vibe out there. I, among others, REALLY want to see Rod return to the skys over Rantoul, and I, among others, am/are wondering what everyone else thinks.

Feel free to expound on your answer, and PLEASE VOTE!

Myself, Rod, COME BACK! We miss you! I can't think of a better pilot to moon (thank god that didn't make the video).
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

an excellent question to put out there.

the question is so obvious that it seems out of place or something.... no offence intended!

the man and his machine can do things that probably are illegal in some parts of the world, i'm sure glad they aren't illegal here! Rod gave absolutely the most insane and thrilling ride that i've ever had in any aircraft to date! i laughed from the instant we were in the air until it was time to get to altitude. but never, repeat, never felt that Rod ever put his passengers , his crew or his machine in danger!

that which is in the past has to stay exactly there in order for us to move forward.

please come back and play with us Rod you are definately missed!

brent
~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

After a chat with Rod, I am pretty sure he loves all the jumpers and values their respect, but I doubt he ever wants to fly at WFFC again.

I have heard that, and the exact opposite from many, many jumpers. NEVER from Rod.

Let's not ad lib here, ok J.P?

This is a vibe thread, sorta, and it may go either way, that I admit. Just please, let's keep it a bit on the lighter side, ok?
It's your life, live it!

After a chat with Rod, I am pretty sure he loves all the jumpers and values their respect, but I doubt he ever wants to fly at WFFC again.

I think he would love to but won't for other reasons. Spoke to him at Gold Coast and saw his new ship with 53 hours TT on it. For anyone that ever rode with him, he had as much fun as you did.:)

Forget I said anything. No one listens anyway.

Yo, JP, I'm listening. I'm asking how jumpers feel though. I see no negatives, yet, and that makes me feel good.

Sure, it probably won't bring Rod back, but I'm making sure he knows we did not forget about him, and miss him.
It's your life, live it!

I think that Rod would love to fly for us again, but his insurance won't let him because of the 2002 mishap and subsequent frivolous lawsuit. >:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Well, there are 2 there....

... and I'm sure they actually meant it. They're probably the same two people who checked every single box on the "What drugs have you used in the last week?" survey in high school.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Well, there are 2 there....

... and I'm sure they actually meant it. They're probably the same two people who checked every single box on the "What drugs have you used in the last week?" survey in high school.

Um, er, ah....

You mean i was supposed to lie on that survey?
It's your life, live it!

Rod's ride along airshow stunt routine is the best... and then you get to jump too! Its so wild that you keep wondering why the insurance companies, FAA, and all the other fun killers allow it to happen. There you are, blades pointed almost straight down, hanging from your seatbelt and those rotor tips are barely clearing the corn as Rod rolls into the next outrageous maneuver. I sure hope he comes back. It was a bargain even after he raised the prices. Those twin turbine helos cost a fortune to operate. Marcus must be needing a fix about now. Seemed like he was on almost every 412 ride. I am sure that big old Sikorsky S 58T is like methadone. Marcus wants the real stuff.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

WOHOO,,HELL YEAH,never jumped from his ship but took a ride on it,,and what a ride,,and then the nut took a ride.. after i took the ride..why u will here p-nut hollor out "check ur own damn handles dumb ass"..ne ways Rod has my vote for coming back
liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
luckky summoo1
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

Oh, oh, oh, I know that story!!!!

Peanut puts his rig on Lucky for an observer ride. Handle gets tucked into the BOC.

Observer ride ends, Peanut puts on rig and goes for a jump.....not checking handles.

Peanut reaches....nothing!

Peanut has a reserve ride.

Peanut didn't check his handles....

WFFC '02 was a hellofa year!
It's your life, live it!