skybytch

Weird dream

It's rare that my dreams have anything to do with skydiving - maybe three or four times since I started jumping. I had one the other night... and it's still freaking me out.

I was doing a two way with someone - the face and sex were vague but I knew it was someone I cared about. As soon as we left the plane we both noticed that he'd forgotten to put his legstraps on. I backed off a bit and watched as he tried to get them on - for some reason he didn't tumble in the process. I flew in to try to help but was waved away.

At 3000' he still had no legstraps, and through trying to get them on the rig had slipped up and over his shoulders. It was obvious that even if he could pull the rig was going away as soon as the canopy opened.

There was nothing I could do. At 2500' I pulled. Then I woke up.

Weird...

I've had dreams where I've thrown out my pilot chute only to have the thing fall DOWN. I've also had dreams of watching an entire 16 way go in without pulling.

I think it's a way we have of relieving the tension in our unconscious mind. We know what we're doing is dangerous, no matter how safe we try to be. Then every now and then there's a bad incident, sometime's with a friend. So our mind tries to let it come out when we're sleeping, because we can't always hold it in.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

i would say with all the posts on fellow jumpers injuries and passing on maybe that had something to do with it?
you know how they say everyday activities can affect your dreams...

let's just hope it was ONLY a dream.:S and not some sort of foreshadowing (is that the right word i'm looking for?)

Have some of my amateur psychoanalysis:

I was doing a two way with someone - the face and sex were vague but I knew it was someone I cared about.

The face and sex were vague but later in the text you refer to that person as "he". So it is a guy. His face is vague because you don't want to admit you care about that particular guy.

The whole event means you are afraid of losing him.

Proposed solution: Analyze your feelings and find out who that guy is. Don't be afraid to (admit you) care for him.

Dr Freud :)

hmmmmm.///////////.........

I gobbled a couple sleeping pills the other night and had a werid dream too... Only mine was cool.

I was jumping at a demo level, due to the fact that I was skysurfing around over San Diego's Mission Bay harbor and on my head spinnin round and I could really feel the G force on me and the water was mad beautiful. Lots of other jumpers were doin there thing in the sky and I could hear people on the ground hollerin and what not having a good time at SOCAL SUMMER FALLOUT....

I thought that was pretty cool, woke up and just kinda layed around in bed letting the good feeling linger then I jumped in the shower ten minutes till work and an hour away from the job to do reality which is kinda sucking here aside from the hotties that i get to scope while on the clock...

Got a meeting with the S.D. Street Scene promoter after his event is over... So if all goes well, and I can bullshit a bullshitter..> There should be something very cool for you swoop compers out there in Mission Bay......

posting part of my plan because I'm tired of talking to the walls about it....

S.D. special events commision is really cool though... they are hearing this thing a mi bob out w/ me for whatever reason......

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky