GravityGirl

Para Gear: Great Customer Service

The Comparative Advantage I remarked on in the other thread can be simply stated as: If a person doesn't feel what they are getting is worth what they are paying, they won't pay it.

It seems you've gotten your hands on a first semester business book. I'll watch my step.

I just don't understand why you're so concerned about my business and how I spend my time.

Because I call bullshit on what you've claimed as the value of your time. You based the value of your time on your business billing rate. You may try, but you don't get to explain it away as something the hourly wagers wouldn't understand.

You aren't the brightest businessperson in the room.

An individual that attempts to burn a company publicly over a perceived slight is fundamentally lacking in the ability to see the big picture.

If you haven't even been able to successfully negotiate a "thank you" I'm not sure you're qualified to preach about business.

It's really a shame because your whole house was built on you knowing more about business than the next guy.

Jason

Well, normal is good, in that it is not bad. But "good" customer service would be to receive those widgets along with a coupon for 10% off my next order of widgets in excess of x$. Sometimes the offer is for free shipping.

False, You are just looking for handouts. If they did their job right That constitutes as good. Your selfish needs do not need to be met.
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Jason, I couldn't care less what you think about the value of my time because it's completely irrelevant. Since you don't know what I do or how I do it, you don't understand and frankly, if you did know, you still might not understand. I get that a lot.

Pete, I don't have selfish needs. Did you read the other OP? I stand behind the sentiment but that's all.

Jason and Pete: Please see the other post.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Well, normal is good, in that it is not bad. But "good" customer service would be to receive those widgets along with a coupon for 10% off my next order of widgets in excess of x$. Sometimes the offer is for free shipping.

So in a normal/good transaction you want something for free? And if you don't get something for free then it's bad customer service. Gotcha. :S You know you are fighting a losing battle here, don't you?

Wow - I am amazed at the apparent lack of comprehensive abilities this thread has exposed.

Want something for free? Where did I say that? Answer: Nowhere.

Where did I say not getting free X equals "bad" customer service?
Answer: Nowhere.

Fin
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I just ordered some useless crap, a skytie, and 12 yards of 750lb vectran yesterday. It shipped out already, so far so good. I left a little message in the comment box asking them to send me the whole roll for the same price, but we'll see what happens :P

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

In post #19:

But "good" customer service would be to receive those widgets along with a coupon for 10% off my next order of widgets in excess of x$. Sometimes the offer is for free shipping.

post #32:

post #32 again:

Wow - I am amazed at the apparent lack of comprehensive abilities this thread has exposed.

It occurs to me that the things you say are true, are really just things you want to be true.

Jason

Where did I say not getting free X equals "bad" customer service?
Answer: Nowhere.

Fin

No, you didn't say "not free= bad service."

Rather, you infer "they didn't apologize the way I wanted them to apologize and they put me out, so customer service is bad."

I'll bet if folks look hard enough, they'd find where you haven't always treated someone the way they wanted to be treated.

I'll bet if you picked up the phone and called the owner of ParaGear and complained, he'd probably kiss your ass just to make you happy. And then he'd personally pack your next order with candy and other ass-kissing just to be sure he's met YOUR definition of customer service. ParaGear seems to try very hard to make their customers happy. I'm sure, that in their thousands of customers, a newbie employee, or maybe just a "doh!" moment, that a mistake or two gets made.

The fact that there isn't a lot of bitching about ParaGear like there is about Icarus and other manufactors (and other dealers) demonstrates that ParaGear is pretty damn good. Several posts from both distributors and end users confirm this experience as well.

You've had a less than perfect experience. Even though I have no relationship to ParaGear, I'll try help you out....
"Man, that SUCKS that they are f'ing asking you to return a roll of product at their expense. I can't F'ing believe they're not paying your gas, time, and effort to do the right thing. What a crappy company that only says "we're sorry" and then ask you to return something you didn't pay for. Man...if it was me, I'd have kept all that extra, even if you don't need it. Give it to your friends or SUMTHIN. They don't deserve your bizness. What a bunch of asshats! Don't ever buy from them, PLEASE!" :S

Feel better?
I for one, wish more companies were like ParaGear. Curt is a great guy, and his people bust hump to help folks out, in my experience.

In post #19:

But "good" customer service would be to receive those widgets along with a coupon for 10% off my next order of widgets in excess of x$. Sometimes the offer is for free shipping.

post #32:

post #32 again:

It occurs to me that the things you say are true, are really just things you want to be true.

Jason

What he said. ;)

I have been dealing with Para Gear for almost 38 years.
A business that serves that many customers is going to have an occasional problem, but their track record commands nothing but respect for this pioneer that has done so much for skydiving community.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime