Bolas

Low Income Dental Programs

My next door neighbor needs to get his wisdom teeth removed. He has a job but it is barely enough for him to pay his bills and eat with. He has no insurance.

Doe anybody know of a Dental Program in North Carolina that can help him out? I think he needs an oral surgeon as the teeth are impacted and coming in sideways.

Look up the nearest college with a dental program. This is the best and cheapest way to get dental treatment in the US - you just have to give a little bit more time but a lot less money.

To have a complete checkup with a hygenist and a goodie pack cost 10 bucks at local college in PA.

All work done by student under direct supervision of dental hygenist/dentist.

While we're on the subject of Low income Dental stuff:(

Anyone got info on Washington state?

Visited the dentist the other day and got the Dentist shuffle, 2 x-rays and Dude you need a root canal refers me to the rotor rooter dentist.

Show x'ray to rotor rooter (root canal) Dentist , estimated cost $1000, BTW will also require a new 3 tooth bridge by the origional dentist (he forgot that part):o

Between the two dentists were looking at $4500- $5000 for 2 teeth.[:/]

HiHo! HiHo! its off to the Bubba I go (extractor dentist). Good news, maybe $400-$500 with free nitrous oxide:)
Befor we let Bubba loose, got to go back to dentist #1 for complete evaluation. Might be time for me and Bubba to get to know each other. Then no more Dentists!

If I Knew I was going to live this long I swear to the tooth fairy that I would have brushed and flossed my teeth 5 times a day. But some folks just got bad teeth.

Dentist's are highly trained and need to make a living. Just like any other medical insurance, most plans are supplied by the employer. Insurance is expensive, some plans pay 50- 90% of dental costs.

Body modification here I come :|No Tattoos, no piercing, No teeth! To bad so sad, smile:|

R.I.P.

My next door neighbor needs to get his wisdom teeth removed. He has a job but it is barely enough for him to pay his bills and eat with. He has no insurance.

Doe anybody know of a Dental Program in North Carolina that can help him out? I think he needs an oral surgeon as the teeth are impacted and coming in sideways.

Maybe he should consider a part-time job so he can afford the work and then see if he can set up a payment plan with a dentist.

Being self employed i feel your pain;) You can however get loans for dental work. Capital One the credit card company has such a program. They keep the int. rate down and pay the dentist direct, it's better than doing it on a CC or going without.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

If there were no dental insurance programs to fleece then the dentist's fees would come back down closer to reality. Liability insurance is also adding to your expense too. Many of my friend's dental plans from work are being scaled way back dumping the bulk of charges to the patient.

Being self employed i feel your pain;) You can however get loans for dental work. Capital One the credit card company has such a program. They keep the int. rate down and pay the dentist direct, it's better than doing it on a CC or going without.

Hi Kwak

At my age I'm thinking the extraction route, maybe even go for the whole thing:(. No more dentists:)
The part that disapoints me the most was that the Dentist IMO was doing a bait and switch. First the root canal then later OBTW xtra $3k for a new bridge.:o

Dentists seem to assume that saving a patiants tooth is worth any price, without giving the patient the options.:|

Had a dentist do a root canal a couple years ago. Then had a major blowout on the same tooth a week later. Told the dentist to forget the bill. Told the guy he's supposed to be a pro not a used car dealer.

(No offence to either occupation some folks are just more "professional" than others.)

Buyer beware: MMV

R.I.P.