NiteQwill

Cypres turnaround

How long is the typical domestic turnaround time for 4 year cypres 2 service this time of year? And if required, sent to Germany?

Just trying to get some guestimates since I may have some stuff happening down the road...

Thanks
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

2.5 weeks usually for Domestic from the moment it arrives at SSK until its shipped back out the door, remember to allow for shipping time.. If it goes to Germany (very rare for this to occur) it can be 3-6 weeks.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Bah! Almost 7 weeks and still no Cypres.... my rig is sitting collecting dust.

I would jump without it but don't wanna shell out $$$ again to repack it.

I'm almost tempted to rent.

7 Weeks? That's ridiculous, especially since that 4 year check was introduced as a money making ploy anyway. I would get on their case.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

If you think the inspections are just a money grab I highly encourage you to call SSK to talk to them about the rate of parts they replace at the 4 year and 8 year checks. They replace and update a lot of parts annually to keep the units accurate since items like pressure sensors go out of calibration over time and its critical to keep them in calibration. They also do things like replacing bleeding LCD displays, replacing on/off buttons that stick and the whole heat/cold cycle tests to make sure everything works as designed still.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you think the inspections are just a money grab I highly encourage you to call SSK to talk to them about the rate of parts they replace at the 4 year and 8 year checks. They replace and update a lot of parts annually to keep the units accurate since items like pressure sensors go out of calibration over time and its critical to keep them in calibration. They also do things like replacing bleeding LCD displays, replacing on/off buttons that stick and the whole heat/cold cycle tests to make sure everything works as designed still.

What you are speaking about is parts replacement for items that go, or are going bad. And I agree that conditions can cause this, but the reason for my comment was information I received the other day during a discussion about this very subject.

Without naming names, a highly qualified source who was directly involved with the testing and certification told me that if it calibrates and the batteries are good, it will work as designed.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Mine just went in for it's 8 year ... and it made it back promptly. Whole process under 3 weeks from removal to reinstallation in my rig. I agree ... either call, or use the online tracking feature they've set up to see where it stands.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

What you are speaking about is parts replacement for items that go, or are going bad.

You have described one very good reason why they do a 4 year check. All electronic components have a tolerance, yes even digital components. If one or more of the components go beyond their tolerance, it can change the way the circuit functions.

I've got one coming back from an 8 year. 17 days from receiving to shipping. Received on 11/25/2009/ Shipped To Customer On 12/11/2009.

Track it on the web:
https://www.cypresusa.com/track/loginform.asp

Call um:
Phone: 513-934-3201
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

What you are speaking about is parts replacement for items that go, or are going bad. And I agree that conditions can cause this, but the reason for my comment was information I received the other day during a discussion about this very subject.

Without naming names, a highly qualified source who was directly involved with the testing and certification told me that if it calibrates and the batteries are good, it will work as designed.

I have talked to Cliff in detail about this whole argument and the check is a good thing. It is NOT a money making scheme. FYI Cliff owns SSK and his son is a very good friend of mine. Everything I have been told makes great sense and I do trust his knowledge and I respect him a great deal.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com