skymedic

WILCO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Fallinwoman(my fiance) and I just got home from the WILCO concert here in ST.Louis. it was awesome. I love this band. So glad I decided to pickup there album yankee hotel foxtrot a few years ago. it is awesome. funny thing is I work in the town that Jeff Tweedy(lead singer) grew up in and that his parents still live in. very odd.

check out www.Wilcoworld.net

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Wilco was awesome....except they didn't play the one song i am totlaly crazy about...Heavy Metal Drummer....i was sad.

I also got a bit frustrated with the encore thing....i don't understand playing a set, leaving the stage, then playing four more songs, leaving again, then playing 6 more songs. just take a break for 15 minutes in the middle....then play what you want to play. planned encores are just annoying.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

planned encores are just annoying.

I agree! However, the one time it was entertaining was at an Eric Idle show (Eric Idle Exploits Monty Python). It was getting towards the end of the night, he left the stage, a projection screen descended, and these words appeared "SPONTANEOUS ENCORE IN" with a 2 minute countdown. It was pretty amusing. ;)

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I love Wilco! I don't know anyone that actually knows who they are here! People just look at me funny when I throw the CD in. I think I had Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in my CD player in my car for at least a month before I changed it. I'd just listen to it over and over again. I still do that. Love those guys!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

If you are ever around the chicago area, sometimes jeff tweedy will play at the empty bottle. My brother got to play with him on stage there. Wilco is awesome.

Ginny
The words I have to say, May well be simple but they're true, Until you give your love, There's nothing more that we can do-David Bowie

If you own one Wilco album: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

if you own two: Summerteeth

A Ghost is Born (the new one) and A.M. (the old one) I could take or leave. I haven't heard Being There yet...

Also, Yo La Tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out

I have every CD that Wilco has produced.....EVERY CD...even there free EP they gave away online a while ago. I also have every CD produced by Uncle Tupelo...another great band. and also every CD from Son Volt(Jay Farrar's band after the UT split). I'd love to call these guys alt-country...but it is SOOOOO not alt country.

also YHF is THE wilco album...then I'd take AM followed by being there...it is a ROCKING album with out all the sound manipulation that is very evident on the summerteeth album. they protooled the hell out of that one...too it's dismay in my opinion.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....