jumperconway

Self Awareness from The Perspective of Others

Just food for thought. As i was talking to some people in my pub of choice tonight amongst aquaintances, I posed the question as to what their first impression of me was? The difference was amazing from their first and current impressions. Putting my chest up front, having just met quite a few people at Perris, I was curious as to the response. Fire shield on!;) I've just walked into the room naked and willing to take advice.

Been checked, okay, sorry then jumper... but... hon- why do you care what others think- if you're a good guy then why worry?

Actually because something came up in a conversation with a friend about another person who seems to kinda avoid me and his reply was because they probably think you're arrogant. So I asked his oppinion and he said when he first met me that I was kind of arrigant and didn't mind who I pissed off.
I asked what his current oppinion was and he said once he got to know me he realised it was just self confidence with a little bravado and I stood up for what I thought. So I was more curious as to the many new people I had met last week in Perris and to the many other dz.commers who have met me in the past. I know who I am but perception may lead one to believe otherwise. It was a very open/honest question to put on this site. Since there is only 1 more vote for friendly than arrogant now,maybe this is worth more attention.

I was in my slot on every dive that my slot was there and replaced my captains slot after he was taken, out so your point is????????
OK SO i got drunk there and...........Nice to meet ya buddy!:)

Highly Arrogant...as evidenced here and most of your other posts, too. But I could be wrong..........naaaaaahhhh
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

your something different to different people...
it sucks I know... but thats the way it is.
I guess your cool... make some s'mores or something..
I did that today, after they were done nobody
could tell me nuthin. I was the shit... I'm still the shit..
got like 2 left..

-tony

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

I was in my slot on every dive that my slot was there and replaced my captains slot after he was taken, out so your point is????????
OK SO i got drunk there and...........Nice to meet ya buddy!:)

Highly Arrogant...as evidenced here and most of your other posts, too. But I could be wrong..........naaaaaahhhh

OK, Extremely arrogant when a new (82) jumpwonder who has never met me (1971) on an issue, has such a strong assinine oppinion. If you knew me, there could be some merrit in this matter!

I'd say you are self confident but not arrogant at least not to me. I think you know what you are talking about and have no problems sharing that knowledge which is a good trait. You've always been friendly and kind to me. I do see how your persona could make someone who is not very confident feel inferior but that isn't your problem, it's theirs.

You know I love you Conway.:)
As for the drunk bastard post...geez, like the rest of us haven't been drunk before especially after a fun day of jumping. WHATEVER:P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

See!!! I rest my case. It's just asking for some damn trouble when you ask others their opinion of your personality. If you're cool then you know it & screw what the rest of the world thinks! You're loved by all the people who count anyway. (Not meaning me because of course I don't know who the hell you are and we discussed that already. ;))

OK, Extremely arrogant when a new (82) jumpwonder who has never met me (1971) on an issue, has such a strong assinine oppinion. If you knew me, there could be some merrit in this matter!

Even when the issue is not skydiving related and you aren't on the weighty side of the scale when it comes to experience? :P Wait you're from Houston... let me guess... that would be a yes ;)

Thanks for the illadvised thought. This poll is based on people that have met me. VanillaSkyGirl commented on at least knowing me from PM's. I have never talked to or met U so WTFO? OK; I'm arrogant, asshole!:P

Fair enough. At least you admit it....Geez, take a chill, dude. Your blood is boiling over this attempt to get confirmation/verification that you are as cool as you think you are (high jump numbers and experience is irrelevant to "cool").....I'm sorry if my opinion is not what you wanted to hear....'nuf said about that.

I hope to meet you someday...maybe you'll come across much better in person than what comes across in writing and with your experience level, maybe I could learn something about skydiving from you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239