JayhawkJumper

Boondock Saints

Has anyone seen this movie? I just watched it and it kicks ASS! If you haven't seen it, check it out sometime.

Your absolutly right - that was a sweet movie! I saw it a long time ago and this post made me just remeber what it was all about. Now i want to go rent it this weekend...... :P
=========Shaun ==========

can you give a synopsis of the film? what's it about?

It's a pretty straight-forward story... Two Irish-American brothers, after a harrowing experience with some mob guys, decide to take the law into their own hands as vigilantes. Without regard to the law, the start knocking bad guys off. after a couple hight-press hits, the public sides with them, believing they accomplish what the american justice system cannot.
=========Shaun ==========

can you give a synopsis of the film? what's it about?

Many, many dysfunctional people with guns. Mafia types are whupped by locals who then embark on a spree of crime-crusading. Lots of subtle humor.

My fav scene was when the tv crew was getting the man-on-the-street opinion. Every pair of people was polarized on the vigilante issue. Funny comments.

To anyone who has yet to see this flick... do yourself a favor and go rent it IMMEDIATELY!

Or just come over to my house and watch my DVD. Bring me some twirly cookies as payment. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Doc: Why don't you make like a tree, and get the fuck outta here?

Rocco: Shut your fat ass Rayvie! I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into nine guys you fucked!

Paul Smecker: Okay Duffy, have any theories to go with that tie?

Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!
Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Doc: You know what they say: People in glass houses sink ships!
Rocco: I got to buy you a proverb book or something, because this mix 'n' match shit's got to go.
Doc: What?
Conner MacManus: Well, a penny saved is worth two in the bush, right?
Murphy MacManus: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.

[A Russian gangster comes into the bar] Murphy MacManus: So you're Chekov, huh? Well, this here's McCoy. Find a Spock, we got us an away team.

[After Smecker proves the Boston detectives wrong] Paul Smecker: We'll start the ass-kissing with you.

Il Duce: And no man shall shed blood, but by man shall his blood be shed.

Paul Smecker: You know, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing.

Rocco: I killed your cat! I thought that it would bring closure to our relationship!

[After Rocco shoots three men in a coffee shop] Murphy MacManus: Kind of liberating, isn't it? Rocco: You know, it is a bit.

Paul Smecker: Greenly, the day I want the Boston police to do my thinking for me is the day I will have a fucking tag on my toe.

Murphy MacManus: There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Murphy MacManus: Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.

Conner MacManus: How far are we going to take this?
Il Duce: The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

[After Rocco fondles an unconscious woman's breast] Conner MacManus: What the fuck are you doing?
Rocco: I'll tip her!

Murphy MacManus: We're sorta like 7-11. We're not always doin' business, but we're always open.
Conner MacManus: That was nicely put.
[After Rocco gets his finger shot off] Rocco: Feels like it's still there. Conner MacManus: Yeah, well it's not.

Paul Smecker: Television is the explanation for this. You see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling--that James Bond shit never happens in real life, professionals don't do that!
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

So you can quote it, but can you come over and bring me twirly cookies? Remember you're my favorite messican friend. :)

I've brought you twirly cookies before and I will do so again.;)

is that really an invitation for MOI?? Does that mean you've forgiven me ringing your cell?

Got the bill yesterday. $116. I really need to go to verizon and switch my package. My hot FF boy never reminds me to do it. B|

omg i'm peeing just from the quotes....:D

My work here is done.:)
BTW, for anyone at Rantoul, I will have my laptop with me and I keep a copy of Boondock Saints on it at all times.;)

If you wern't 500 miles north of me, I'd bring ya some twirly cookies in exchange for watching your boondock saints. I'd mail them, but some postman would probably eat them all up.

They mail quite nicely. Wendy sent me 7 cans of them and they arrived just fine. Whats your next excuse?? :D

...and switch my package.

:o I thought I felt a knot in your pants the last time we hugged. I thought it was a bagel!:ph34r:

Once, I was out at the beach and someone told me to put a small potato in my pants and it would make more of an impression on people. It did. I guess they should have told me to put it in the front. ;)