JohnRich

Do you fear spiders more than terrorists?

I had a scare when I went to my cat's water bowl this morning and saw this huge spider in it. I was definitely more scared of spiders than terrorists at that moment! :o

After a few seconds, I remembered that I had put out Halloween decorations on Sunday and the cat was obviously skulking around them last night. It's plastic. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In such a (purely hypothetical) scenario, the changing of my mind would be obvious by the smell of urine, the sound of me screaming like an 8 year old girl, and the sight of me running away much faster than you think a fat man is capable of.

What he said. The not-changing of my mind would be indicated by loss of consciousness.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"The not-changing of my mind would be indicated by loss of consciousness."
Fear naught folks....help is at hand and fortunately arms length.B| Not the same as my one, but it seems to work, judging by the googlewacks on it.

http://www.spidercatcher.net/
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I usually just use a jar if I can coax the little guy in there.

Sometimes there are spiders that are, for lack of a better word, pregnant. They look really fat, and it's because there are hundreds of little babies on them. If you smack them with a fly swatter, the babies go all over the place, and the inevitable reaction is jumping back and going "holy shit" or something like that.

They're a lot harder to coax into the jar. But man, the thought of trying to get all those babies either into the jar, or squashed, makes it worth it...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah I had a Spider descend from my sun visor while driving once. I had the top off my Jeep and apparently this HUGE thing decided under my visor was a great place to hold up for the night. I hate spiders but I forced myself to remain calm until I could fling him by his web into the 60 MPH slip stream. Didn't enjoy it but freaking out and flailing like a girl doesn't do much good. Especially while driving in traffic. :D I'll tell you what I really fear though.......Carneys......small hands.....smell like cabbage. :D:D

Good Call on the putting em outside in the garden where they belong.. I cant see wasting a good resource of eating the crappy little bugs that want to eat my plants.. so out side they go... back to the garden where they can eat the little pests.

I figure anything that eats SKEETERS is a good critter...So what is worse.. getting West Nile Virus.. or seeing a spider eating the carrier...hmmmm