steveroome

Lost Vector and Rigger with nail in foot at Sibson ?

Hi, does anyone remember the rigger who got carted off in an ambulance from Sibson about three or four years ago - because he stood on a rusty nail (not a serious injury in my mind).

I had left my kit with him for a reserve repack and every time I went to pick it up he magically vanished.

Since then i've tried talking to the new owners of sibson and have been told to rather unpolitely go away and that it's none of their business. I spoke to the BPA a few times since but haven't had any luck that angle. The only information I managed to garner was that the chap in question had moved to spain ?

Surely someone must remembe him or know where he is now ?

The container is a black vector, the main is a sabre 170 and it had a recently renewed battery in the cypres (done by the kit store ltd. 6/7/2006) - that has serial no. 50A1CD645DC922 4O.

I last saw the kit june around early June 2006 at Sibson, when I left it with the rigger - who was at that time working also as an instructor as there.

Ta for any help,

steve roome

Probably not a typo. Ive seen that a number of times. I'm not saying you're guilty of this but we've had a number of people leave there fucking rig in the loft for over a year. Some times several years. I think the record was five years. And then they call and want to know if their rig is ready because they want to come out and jump the next morning. Thats if they call. I've had them show up wanting to know if they can make the next load? And what do you mean it's out of date? Why do I have to pay for two pack jobs? Again I'm not saying you're one of these people I'm just ranting but for all those jumpers out there, this is an excelent way to piss off a rigger. I am not your fucking closset.

Tom is dealling with one of those now. Left his rig a year or two ago, Never responded when they tryed to contact him, calls up wanting his rig but doesn't remember what type it is. Tom had moved 300 miles away but was still dutify guarding the rig. The guy wanted to know if tom could drive the rig up to dallas for him, six houres each way, because he wanted to make the early load the next morning. Doesn't want to pay shipping. Last I heard the whole thing was still unresolved. Fucking skydivers.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Makes me think I should have a policy that the rig is mine to sell after deliquent time period.
Thankfully I have never had this problem, but if mini storage people can sell your stuff after a non payment of so many days why can't a rigger recoup his work lost profits?
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Probably not a typo. Ive seen that a number of times. I'm not saying you're guilty of this but we've had a number of people leave there fucking rig in the loft for over a year. Some times several years.

How about a nominal $5 a week rental charge after 60 days? :)

Hi, does anyone remember the rigger who got carted off in an ambulance from Sibson about three or four years ago - because he stood on a rusty nail (not a serious injury in my mind).

I had left my kit with him for a reserve repack and every time I went to pick it up he magically vanished.

Since then i've tried talking to the new owners of sibson and have been told to rather unpolitely go away and that it's none of their business. I spoke to the BPA a few times since but haven't had any luck that angle. The only information I managed to garner was that the chap in question had moved to spain ?

Surely someone must remembe him or know where he is now ?

The container is a black vector, the main is a sabre 170 and it had a recently renewed battery in the cypres (done by the kit store ltd. 6/7/2006) - that has serial no. 50A1CD645DC922 4O.

I last saw the kit june around early June 2006 at Sibson, when I left it with the rigger - who was at that time working also as an instructor as there.

Ta for any help,

steve roome

I did some inquiring and I have a mate that knows who this individual is and is looking into it. Hopefully it will be resolved. If I find anything out I will let you know.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Probably not a typo. Ive seen that a number of times. I'm not saying you're guilty of this but we've had a number of people leave there fucking rig in the loft for over a year. Some times several years. I think the record was five years. And then they call and want to know if their rig is ready because they want to come out and jump the next morning. Thats if they call. I've had them show up wanting to know if they can make the next load? And what do you mean it's out of date? Why do I have to pay for two pack jobs? Again I'm not saying you're one of these people I'm just ranting but for all those jumpers out there, this is an excelent way to piss off a rigger. I am not your fucking closset.

Tom is dealling with one of those now. Left his rig a year or two ago, Never responded when they tryed to contact him, calls up wanting his rig but doesn't remember what type it is. Tom had moved 300 miles away but was still dutify guarding the rig. The guy wanted to know if tom could drive the rig up to dallas for him, six houres each way, because he wanted to make the early load the next morning. Doesn't want to pay shipping. Last I heard the whole thing was still unresolved. Fucking skydivers.

Lee

Years ago I dropped my wife's pilot bailout rig off for a re-pack at a 'reputable' rigger.

We were leaving the country for a few weeks but she needed it when we returned, which was explained in detail to the rigger.

Went to pick up the rig 3-4 weeks later and the rigger explained that there was a problem with the harness and it couldn't be repacked, and that they sold the canopy to a b.a.s.e. jumper to pay for the 'inspection'...~!!

Fuckin' riggers. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Since then i've tried talking to the new owners of sibson and have been told to rather unpolitely go away and that it's none of their business.

steve roome

Looking at Sibson reviews I believe you about their lack of appropriate business behavior. Seems a lot of people get into businesses without the intellect to realize whatever the problem, be nice.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I have all the contact info you need for the rigger in question. Please check your PMs for said information.

Just so you know......I drink Guinness by the case;)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well, the rigger in question has got in touch with me directly, thank you to him and all others for all your help.

He left the kit with the drop zone at Sibson, and like me, probably would have expected that to be safe. (It always seemed very reputable).

I can't really find much fault with the rigger for this - at least, I'm sure other riggers would do the same at a supposedly trustworthy drop zone.

However, the rig, which at the time was all in date with AAD probably doesn't just vanish from a drop zone without someone selling it, theft, or it being lost in an attic for years. The latter would be nice, but seems unlikely.

It would be helpful if someone with knowledge of Sibson from the last four or five years could explain what has happened there during this period so I can get in touch with both the previous and current companies there, especially now I have a reasonable written explanation from the rigger.

I have 2 rigs right now that seem to have been abandoned. One I've had for 3 years and a another one for 4 years.....I make it known to all jumpers when they drop their rigs off for a inspection and re-pack or any repairs that they have 30 days after I inform them thats it's ready for pick-up. After that I charge $1 a day storage fee.......I can't wait for the owner of the 4 year storage fee rig pays off that $1500(rig isn't even worth that much)

AT SSM the ticket you signed when you dropped of your rig, said that if the rig was left for more than 90 days they would use it as rental gear. After being there for more then two years some guy came back and picked up his rig, which was my favorite rental rig at the time.

Obviously a better agreement than "I'll get it back to you with the reserve repacked for a fee of X" might be needed in odd cases like this where people lose touch.

I was unfortunately out of the area and sport for a long time due to an injury, a separation, change of job and lack of money. I did try and contact the rigger and I even had someone try and pick it up three times from the DZ within a couple of months of dropping it off. Unfortunately at that time all the chances to pick it up were missed and then the rigger moved away and the DZ changed hands. That's when it appears to have got lost.

I chased it a bit more around the time, but had no luck and started looking again for it now that I thought the chap in question might be back in the country. He is back, or at least contactable now, and I do now know roughly what happened. It would be lovely to see my rig again and I'd still like any information in case it is perhaps still locked in the back of a shed or something. I'm not looking to blame anyone, it was just all rather unlucky and now that at least I have contact details for those involved there's maybe, with some kind help, a slim chance I'll see my rig again.

Perhaps it's unlikely, but it's worth a shot.

On the whole; though receipts and written paperwork for these sort of transactions would be a pain, possibly they'd be useful in more than just this case.