kingbunky

skydive chicago ROCKS!

...but you all knew that right? B|

many, many firsts this weekend at sdc. i arrived to cloudy skies on friday, my wife registered for her tandem and i got all my paperwork done. wandered into town and saw a movie, met my first dz.commer at the sky lounge friday night, too bad it had to be jraf. ;) had a few beers then wandered back to my tent. saturday morning, i was greeted on my way to the hanger and directed to someone to jump with. did my :D 5-way with sky (way cool guy!), phil, tom and i can't remember the name of the fifth (i'm terrible with names.) we made 4 points. while packing i met sunshine and got a hug! next jump, my :D 6-way. i got bumped into the door and took a bit to hook up, but we almost had the third point by breakoff. while packing from that one, i met vallerina! my wife decided to take advantage of the $99 second tandem deal and went again, and had a blast! i decided to do the tourist thing and did a couple of solos, just to look around. made the sunset load with jraf for a horny gorilla, spun it like crazy, too dark to see my altimeter and i started to get dizzy so broke it off around 5k or so, saw jraf off in the distance and then landed uneventfully. went to the lounge afterwards with a cooler full of canadian beer but had a hard time giving it away, so jraf and i drank most of it. :S

got up sunday morning, packed up, said good bye to peeps and headed into chicago to see the blue man group.

bottom line, i had an awesome, awesome time and will definitely be back! thanks to everyone for the hospitality!:)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

i might have met eener as well, but not sure

I was there only sat and sun...wasnt there on fri night....I was running around a bunch...and think it might have been you I met...

Im a short blonde in a silver/black/purple/royal blue RW suit.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Yes, SDC does rock. I was there for Summer Fest and had a great time.

Just a heads up, stay away from the pond when you are near eeneR:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Just a heads up, stay away from the pond when you are near eeneR

I think you got it backwards....It is you I need to fear when im standing near the pond....I seem to keep falling in! :o:ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Just a heads up, stay away from the pond when you are near eeneR

I think you got it backwards....It is you I need to fear when im standing near the pond....I seem to keep falling in! :o:ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r:You're too easy.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

HEY...I drank some of your beer, a couple of times. And I don't even rate a mention. Just wait til next time, you wont get a chance to drink ANY of your own beer!:P
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

i did manage to give some away, glad you enjoyed it, i'll bring more next time! like i said, i'm terrible with names:$. sorry if there's anyone else i left off my list, i'll try to do better next time.;)B|
MB4252 TDS699

I agree! Though my opinion may be biased since SDC is the only place I've ever jumped :)
I met you too, I think Tish introduced us. I was hanging out most of the day near sunshine's couch! Sorry I didn't realize you were from dz.com or I would've used my "other" name to introduce myself ;)

Glad you had a good time. I was on the "sunset" load with you on Saturday. I'm counting it as my first night jump :S

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

me too! i was surprised we went up and not surprised when they threw us out early, but i was amazed that another load went up after that! oh well, jraf and i had fun with the horny gorilla in the dark anyway. (that last statement would sound funny in any context other than skydiving wouldn't it? :D)
MB4252 TDS699