imfromwales

Gunner v Mindwarp v M1

Im going to get my first helmet, and im unsure of which one of these three helmets i want to get:

Bonehead Gunner
Bonehead Mindwarp
Cookie M1

The M1 is about $80 more expensive, but apart from that i see very little difference between them. I know i will be missing a lot of information (even after visiting both of their websites about the helmets), so i thought id ask your opinion on them.

I dont think il be doing camera work for a while, and have no other requirements, apart from an inner audible slot.

if i would buy a new helmet today i would probably have a close look at cookie ozone.
i have never tried one on but the material inside the helmet really impresses me.
i would belive you could shape the helmet to fit your head perfectly when its on your head by softly pushing it, foam just push back :-/

look at these videos and you will see the bennefit of d3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDeJ7rLUYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBWGbhsuws

From what Im looking at, the Gunnar, Mindwarp and M1 are almost the exact same price....

But anyway, I have the M1 and I love it. Low profile, soft and quiet. I don't think you can go wrong with Cookie.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

When i was just about to get off student status, there was a gear store close by(san diego) so i tried on a couple of helmets and ended up with the Mindwarp. I now have a side mounted camera setup on the helmet and love it.

See if you can try on anybody elses gear before you just jump(pun intended) into a new helmet.