Venom1986

Aerodyne Triathlon or PD Storm ?

and here i was led to believe that the Storm does not have a flat glide,

I've got about 40 jumps on a Storm, 20 jumps on a Pulse, and currently own a Spectre. The Storm is trimmed considerably steeper than either the Pulse or the Spectre.

Working back from a long spot on the Storm, I was holding a bunch of rear riser to stay relative to my teammate on a similarly loaded Spectre. When I gave up and decided to land off and released the rears, I dove past him like nobody's business. We both noticed and commented about it after the jump.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Captain1976,

You have jumped both the Triathlon and the Spectre. How do these 2 canopies compare and in your opinion, which is the better canopy? Are glide ratios about the same? I am considering one of these and haven't jumped either.

It has been 4-5 years since I jumped the Triathlon and compared it to the Spectre so my comments are dated.... I liked both, found them similar and because of my experience with PD, went with the Spectre. I liked my 170 Spectre so much that when it was time to replace it, I simply dropped down to the 150. After 400 jumps on the 150 Spectre, I decided to try the Storm, loved it and bought it. It is just more fun. Similar,but more fun for an experienced skydiver. Not for the beginner though.
Dano

I have both a 190 tri and a 190 old school sabre. I love flying the sabre but on occasion over the years the opening have been less than desirable:P I have a lot fewer jumps on the tri but the opening are sweeeeeet. but i have yet to find the sweet spot on the flare though. anyone think the storm would give me tri openings and sabre zippy flight and flare?????

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

If you think Triathalon openings are good, then you'll probably wet your pants with the Storm. The Storm is one of the best 7-cell canopies I've ever jumped, really responsive, great openings and solid flare.

Don't take my word for it, call up PD and get a demo. Then demo some other stuff from other manufactures. I bet you come back to the Storm.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Captain1976,

You have jumped both the Triathlon and the Spectre. How do these 2 canopies compare and in your opinion, which is the better canopy? Are glide ratios about the same? I am considering one of these and haven't jumped either.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, lots of threads here. Anyway I share the opinion that the Triathlon takes a bit more concentration when trying to find the right flair point. The Spectre on the other hand is a real dream. My typical landing is from a glide, simply slow it down a little with about half brakes, then a full flare a few feet from the ground. Great landings!
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime