windcatcher

If ya haven't exercised in awhile, TRY IT!!!

I'll just hafta cover you with my fat when I see you! Mwhahahhahahhahahah! [evil-laughter]

GassspppppB|(Frenchy reaching for air while being crushed by WC's icky fat)

ROFLMBO!!!!!! Yeah, Frenchy is getting squished by my icky fat!!! hahahaha! :D:D:D

[Frenchyowie]B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

So Rosa, you wanna go for a jog around the DZ with me Sunday morning? :ph34r:

No...but I will if you want to try...lol. I have a feeling we'll be a little queasy from the night before. :$

LOL. I've never been to a boogie before, but maybe I can get my exercise dancing on the tables and not need to jog in the morning. :S

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Rosa, you'd have to drop a bone to lose weight! What's the matter with you. Pull yourself together now>:(;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Yea...lol. Are ya coming to Chick's Rock, Frenchy?

Tent will be planted Friday night!:)Don't worry about Windcatcher, she's still scraping her "Icky Fat" off my back. It keeps her busy...:S;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Yea...lol. Are ya coming to Chick's Rock, Frenchy?

Tent will be planted Friday night!:)Don't worry about Windcatcher, she's still scraping her "Icky Fat" off my back. It keeps her busy...:S;)

yeah, Frenchy digs and pushes and scrapes my icky fat....B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

But you never wrote in my post about my ACTUAL TOPIC!!

:(
What was the actual topic again?:S
Oh yeah, exercising. Hmmmm... 2 hours of playing soccer every week, an hour of horse back riding, and that skysomething'ing is enough for me.:)

I quit smoking one year, 3 months, 10 and 1/2 days ago. Today I realized that I'm still seriously out of shape. I quit Mountain Dew as of last night (trust me, it's a rougher addiction than smoking), and am limiting my fast food intake. I purposly park in the lot most distant from my classes for the extra walking time, but i'm in no shape to hit the gym straight off. Honestly? That would probably kill me. I need to get some stamina back before I get to exerting myself.

I admit I feel better than I have in many, many years, but it's wierd to feel less energetic than I did when I was still smoking. Also, I really needed those 25 pounds. Now, to convert them from waistline to biceps... [:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I usually work out 4-5 days a week and do a variety of things. I believe in challenging my body with new forms of exercise.
Recently I started boxing, which I found incredible for balance as well as arms, back and legs. I didn't think I was going to be as sore as I was.
I also do a session of cardio kickboxing once a week and run 3-4 miles once a week combined with weight training. For the remaining 1-2 sessions I do wathever I feel like such as a class.

Well, it works and the feeling afterwards is worth it!

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

I gave up jogging, because the beer kept spilling out of my glass.:D

I'm really lucky though, I have a metabolism like a fission reactor.
I can eat enough calories to sink a ship and not gain an ounce.
I should push more weights arounds though, need more meat on these bones.B|

-
No 'mericans were harmed during the making of this post.

Exercise is a like a one-a-day vitamin to me. From running to swimming to weightlifting. What's that old phrase? "Pain is weakness leaving the body."
I have various gadgets from a Nike Heart Monitor to my Timex GPS that I use to track the time & distance I run. It helps me keep the mind-body connection going. I never get sick (never missed a day of work in over +18 years.) Here's a 3-month snapshot (photo) of the miles I've racked.

You're always the starter in your own life!

I quit smoking one year, 3 months, 10 and 1/2 days ago. Today I realized that I'm still seriously out of shape. I quit Mountain Dew as of last night (trust me, it's a rougher addiction than smoking), and am limiting my fast food intake. I purposly park in the lot most distant from my classes for the extra walking time, but i'm in no shape to hit the gym straight off. Honestly? That would probably kill me. I need to get some stamina back before I get to exerting myself.

I admit I feel better than I have in many, many years, but it's wierd to feel less energetic than I did when I was still smoking. Also, I really needed those 25 pounds. Now, to convert them from waistline to biceps... [:/]

I know how hard that Mountain Dew habbit is to kick. I had to do that one myself, a few years ago. My new soda policy is "Only at the DZ on the weekends or at the movies."

The best way to start getting back into shape, once you're really out of shape, is to start doing a regular workout that doesn't feel like a workout at all. Your first few days (or weeks, depending on your current physical condition) should feel like a joke. Contrary to popular belief, a good workout does not have to make you sore the next day to be effective. Don't feel like you need to be pushing your limits from the very beginning; just get your body used to the regular physical activity and the specific exercises you'll be doing. Lift very little weight, and do some real light cardio training (running, bicycling, aerobics, etc.) on a regular basis, until you start to feel your strength and stamina increasing; then you can up the weight and the cardio training. Do just enough that you BARELY have to strain--Your body isn't ready for any serious strain yet. It's not about going out and trying to kill yourself by straining as hard as you can for three hours the first day; it's about doing a consistent workout on a regular basis. Design a workout you feel like you'll be able to do on a regular basis. Don't design a three hour workout if you work twelve hours a day because there's very little chance you'll be able to stick with it. The mistake many people make is thinking that they need to be doing a long strenuous workout every day before they're getting anything out of it, and if they can't do that, they figure there's no use messing with it. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I gave up jogging, because the beer kept spilling out of my glass.:D

I'm really lucky though, I have a metabolism like a fission reactor.
I can eat enough calories to sink a ship and not gain an ounce.
I should push more weights arounds though, need more meat on these bones.B|

-

It's not all about personal appearance and body fat. If you don't exercise and watch what you eat, you could be "metabolically obese." Check out these articles on metabolic obesity:

Can You Be Fat on the Inside?

Metabolic obesity and how to beat it...

Entrez PubMed
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.