hackish

Diablo supposed to turn THAT fast?

Dont know what you normally jump, but it may not be a good idea to get a "weird" backup canopy like this. I'd rather look for something similar (best case the exact same canopy, same size) or more docile to what you normally jump. At least that's what I prefer for my backup/back-to-back rigs, and I've heard the same from others.

It's my primary rig for the rest of this year. Next year the primary will have a katana 150. Again, I think I just need a few more jumps on this thing to decide if I'm going to keep it.

-Michael

I have 2 (count 'em -- 2!:ph34r:) jumps with a Diablo 135 and a wingsuit. It was a borrowed wingsuit, made for someone a little taller than me.

I never unzipped the legs. I just didn't want to spend that much time bent over to one side in my harness. It was OK with the owner (we'd talked about the slack at the bottom of the zippers before going up -- I thought that would make it hard).

It's not a great canopy for a wingsuit. It's not a great canopy to learn how to swoop on. If not too aggressively loaded (mine was at 1.3-1.4 depending on weights) it can sink in decently when you need to, and I didn't stand up on no-wind days with much regularity. The nice thing about the steepness of the turn is that you can use the steepness of the turn to determine just how much altitude you want to lose on final if you're coming in a little high, without going outside the bounds of a good pattern.

If you really, really like steep crazy turns (and I do), it's a fun, fun canopy. Not for beginners, and not for anyone who wants to progress in any of the standard ways (e.g. do accuracy, demos, learn swooping, CRW, etc). I have a Pilot in my primary rig now. It's not as entertaining, but I always stand up.

(note for the old-timers on the thread: I also really loved my unslidered Starlite :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am a fan of the 170ish size Diablo. I had one and LOVED it!

The triathlon as well. That would always open quick and on heading. I have the bad habit of pulling low sometimes and the triathlon was always reliable.

The Diablo is the same way. EASY Nay... SUPER EASY to pack and good openings!

If you don't like your diablo or triathlon give it to me!!! :P

I've got a DB170. After I had TOO much fun on my Stiletto 135 and busted my ass, I called Square1 and asked what they had in a cheap 170, and that was it. I'm only loading at ~1.1, but I like it.

It opens nice and it's zippy in the air. Flare power leaves something to be desired but it's not that bad. Planning on trying to sell it this winter and getting an X-fire 149....Anybody interested?
I got nuthin

stilettos 135 are a shitload of fun!!! B|

At first I thought a 135 may be a little aggressive for your jump numbers but then I looked at your profile. Really? A 119 loaded at over 1.6 at about 250 jumps? OK.

Hell he's jumping a reserve loaded a 1.61 which puts it only 35 lb. over max. No problem he can handle it.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals