pa2themd

How does your DZ treat assault?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how your DZ handles assault whether it be self defense or straight forward assualt. Do you have different degrees of punishment for different outcomes i.e - just a punch up, breaking bones or assualting someone with a bottle or something else.

I am interested to know how this type of incident is handled in other DZ's.

Blue skies

Sheri

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

how about the dropzone should not be involved at all - call the police.

Us DZO's sometimes get tired of dealing with people's personal issues. I will call the police for you.

If you were at Wal-Mart and assaulted, would you expect Walmart to deal with it? I doubt it. You/they would call the cops.

how about the dropzone should not be involved at all - call the police.

Us DZO's sometimes get tired of dealing with people's personal issues. I will call the police for you.

If you were at Wal-Mart and assaulted, would you expect Walmart to deal with it? I doubt it. You/they would call the cops.

I agree completely

Recent tale from one large DZ…

Some bad blood between 2 employees led to a violent fight in which one employee continually struck the other until the first employee’s wrist was injured. The other employee received numerous facial bruises and lacerations. No one called law enforcement and both of the parties are still working at the DZ.

IMO…
Consider what many other businesses would do in such a situation. At the very least, one or both of the employees could be arrested for assault and they may both be subject to immediate termination. The outcome will vary depending on company policies and procedures.

Businesses may be liable for the behavior and actions of their employees while they are at work. It can be an incredible liability for a company (this includes DZ’s) to allow an employee to remain at work when they have demonstrated a violent temper and have verbally and physically intimidated and / or abused a co-worker.

Every business has an obligation to maintain a safe environment for its employees and its customers. If an employee or frequent / regular customer threatens another employee / customer, the company must take it seriously.

Why should a skydiving business be any different?

DZO’s: Call the cops and get the offenders off your DZ as soon as possible. If the offenders are employees, discipline them according to DZ policies (hopefully these policies exist and document a course of action in such situations). If the offenders are customers, tell them to find another place to jump.

Either way, document your actions and contact your attorney.

well I think she asks it regarding a club DZ more than a business DZ...

And had to look in your profile, cause they also have a chris gr... at JSC...

Sherie, do you consider mutual spanking as assault ?? :):P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

TK,

Personally I think you should deal with these issue with a sledgehammer while wearing women's underwear - it will scare the living daylights out of anybody. I know I am scarred for life ;)

hans
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Recent tale from one large DZ…
...when they have demonstrated a violent temper and have verbally and physically intimidated and / or abused a co-worker.

Every business has an obligation to maintain a safe environment for its employees and its customers. If an employee or frequent / regular customer threatens another employee / customer, the company must take it seriously.

Why should a skydiving business be any different?

DZO’s: Call the cops and get the offenders off your DZ as soon as possible. If the offenders are employees, discipline them according to DZ policies (hopefully these policies exist and document a course of action in such situations). If the offenders are customers, tell them to find another place to jump.

Things like this are usually a case of someone being pushed over the edge by someone's sophomoric crap. Inevitably, the immature DZO picks his pain-in-the-ass bully friend over the victim, and boots the victim. It's a question of who's the closer friend of the DZO. That person can get away with a lot more than someone else would.

Supposed adults with "little man syndrome."

well if it is their first fight they should have to buy beer.
First hiding you should expect beer as well.

I think it depends on the assault. If it is serious call the authorities. If it a simple punch up and then over with, buy some beer. get over it.

If it is just a simple punch because someone is getting on your case to often, have the guy who got punched buy the beer.

If it is because you were endangering others in the sky, you should be punched. And made to buy everyone beer.

If it is serious though, the only way to resolve it is either call the cops.
Or kick them both off.

If you only kick one of them off the dz then the other one will have trouble with his mates.
kick em both off and keep em off, only if it is serious though.
People fight all the time, should they be punished because someone has pushed their emotions over the top and got punched? I dont think so.
They should buy beer and feel bad.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

My company policy is that 2 employees fight, 1 is automatically dismissed. Fighting is not tolorated! With many installation and service crews in the company, there are a number of management levels to discuss the problems or issues with to have them resolved before it comes down to fisticuffs.