packerboy

Adrenaline Rush: The Science of Risk

What is the best place I can order this DVD from in order to most directly support the skydivers that were involved in the making of this film?

I know I can order it from Blockbuster Video, but I thought maybe there was a more direct supplier that I can get it from that would give a better financial payback to those involved rather than giving all the change to the middle man.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I was not impressed with it at all. It showed the same group cliff base in norway about 100 times and the thing only lasted 20-30 minutes. The only cool part in there was the Leonardo triangle parachute that they jumped from a balloon. It is ok to watch and I am gonna keep it for the collection, but I would have rather bought something else.

THe thing is that the movie was shot in IMAX and is meant to be seen on an IMAX screen. I can tell you that it's a completely different experience when you see it that way!!! On the last BASE of the cliff (the first person POV one where you see the guys feet) just rocks on a big screen. When the guy jumped, I started to arch in my seat. I went with a couple of skydiving friends and they all had the same reaction!!!!

When the guy jumped, I started to arch in my seat

hear hear!

Its an awsome movie. I know on DVD it wont be as good, but I'm still buying 2 (1 for me, 1 for a denver budy ;)), yes to see it, but also support the people and businesses behind it!
Remster

When the guy jumped, I started to arch in my seat

hear hear!

Its an awsome movie. I know on DVD it wont be as good, but I'm still buying 2 (1 for me, 1 for a denver budy ;)), yes to see it, but also support the people and businesses behind it!

Do you know if Bert and the gang at Atmosphair have copies for sale? Then you'd know the $$ would go straight to the source...

Its in 4:3???????

Damm... yuk....

I don't have it, but every website describes it that way. If it's a dual format release, someone with it should pipe up.

I won't buy 4:3 releases of material that clearly is not 4:3. Just this last weekend, HDnet ran a mini marathon of older IMAX releases. 5 hours of good stuff filling the wide screen.

Mart!!!!! Comment ca va? Wassup?

I should be out your way soon to be getting some not so big air on my Burton... see if you can score me a copy, maybe I'll stop by.

You guys do winter jumps at Nouvelle? That's a sweet road trip for sure!

You should come out to Sutton with us dude, Steeve Mavre, our francemophony pilot is the chief snowboard instructor out there and he has a cabin just off the hill.

I think we've already made it quite obvious that skydivers don't have to be skydiving to do stupid crap on video. We're going to try to get out early so if I break something it'll heal before March.

Give me a shout dude.. say hi to the little guy for me.

Trev

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

DUDE!!!

I'd totally be in for Sutton! As long as it's after the X-mas holidays, as I'm heading down to Venezuela for X-mas. We gotta get a helmet cam or something...

PM me your tel #. I lost it.

As far as winter jumps, I'm a pussy. Need I say more?

I was not impressed with it at all. It showed the same group cliff base in norway about 100 times and the thing only lasted 20-30 minutes. The only cool part in there was the Leonardo triangle parachute that they jumped from a balloon. It is ok to watch and I am gonna keep it for the collection, but I would have rather bought something else.

Maybe, but you should see that freefly footage when it's a couple stories high....;)

Oh, and the BASE stuff....even though there were lots of shots of the same jump, it was SICK in the theatre. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

What is the best place I can order this DVD from in order to most directly support the skydivers that were involved in the making of this film?

I know I can order it from Blockbuster Video, but I thought maybe there was a more direct supplier that I can get it from that would give a better financial payback to those involved rather than giving all the change to the middle man.

http://www.shemovie.com

Yves.