D22369

-Tragic-

Take yer hats off and pay yer respects!!!.......B|

Roy

Derailment Spills 20,000 Gallons of Beer

CHILHOWIE, Va. (Nov. 11) - Fourteen cars of an 83-car Norfolk Southern train derailed near an industrial park, leaving the area smelling like a brewery Thursday.

About 20,000 gallons of beer leaked from three cars of the Roanoke-bound train, said railway spokesman Robin Chapman.

No one was injured when the cars skipped the tracks about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Chapman said.

Investigating officers said the leak did not contaminate any nearby water sources nor affect any highways.

"Everything was contained away from the creek," said Jack Tolbert Jr. of the Virginia Department of Emergency Management.

Authorities were investigating the cause of the derailment. All trains scheduled to use the tracks through Chilhowie were held until they were cleared Thursday evening.
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

What you missed was the National Weather Service reported the rapid accumulation and precipitation of beer clouds in the immediate vicinity of the spill. That night the town of Chilhowie, Va., faced a crisis unlike any experienced anywhere in recorded history. Sheriff Buddy Howard was found drunk in the trunk of his cruiser after consuming beerfall through a funnel and siphon hose. Residents (many, underage) poured out into the streets and were observed lapping up beerfall and dancing about. Hobos were reportedly riding down Sulphur Springs rapids on heads of foam and singing. By order of the governor, Chilhowie, Va., was sealed off by the National Guard. A presidential executive order has secretly silenced the media and the Pentagon is quelling the rumor that Chilhowie, Va., is actually the testing ground for a high concept military experiment. I'm on the road heading north away from Chilhowie on Rt. 81 right now. I hear a helicopter overhead. I don't know if I can complete this text message on my cell phone before they disconnect me, but I think this is the supersecret "Beers for Fears," project. It's Non-Violent War. I'm getting scared... and thirsty.. I.. want ... save... self..... {disconnected.}

You're always the starter in your own life!