Muenkel

Post some of your 'little kid' memories.

Here's a few of mine:

When I was little, I would watch some of the reruns of tv shows that were in black and white. Also the old movies were in black and white. One day, I asked my mother what it was like when the world was in black and white.

Another time, when I was 2, I punched a nun right in the face. She just pissed me off.

When I was in 2nd grade, we were studying dinosaurs. I remember coming home from school and asking my mother what it was like when the dinosaurs were on the earth.

Share your memories or the things you were told you did.

When I was in 2nd grade, we were studying dinosaurs. I remember coming home from school and asking my mother what it was like when the dinosaurs were on the earth.

LMAO!! Reminds me of when I asked my dad if he went to Abe Lincoln's funeral.:D
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

haha, yours were funny Muenkel. I thought about starting a thread like this, cept maybe titled: Funny/Naughty things you did as a kid.
Hmm, I have lots, I don't know which are the best ones to share.
Anyway, I did all sorts of stuff when I was young. Starting fires, jumping on inflated waterbed mattresses, going sledding down the stairs.
One of the most cruel things I probably did as a youngin was watch my friend Olga's garden as she showed me how proud she was of it. Later I got mad at her and ripped off the first tomato that had grown on her tomato plant. B|
Also, my friend Apryl and I let my little sister's bird out of the cage and it got stuck underneath the fridge! Once we saw these little white feathers come blowing out underneath, we surely though the little finch was a goner :o, but somehow we managed to tip the fridge and he flew out.

Ahh, memories...B| I could go on and on...

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

It seems some of my 'little kid' memories involve being lost:S. Geesh, couldn't they keep track of me?:D When I was around 2 (I actually don't have a memory of this, just what was told to me) no one could find me, they looked all over, even looked down the well:o, they finally found me in the chicken coop, throwing feed to the chickens! Next time, and I remember this one, my twin sister and I were sent to look for a picnic table....at Mt. Rainier. We were there for the day for a picnic. We must have been about 8 or 9 yrs. old. Well, we went farther than we or they thought we did. We spent the whole day trying to find our way back. Finally, towards the end of daylight, they found us. We were terrified.:( They just couldn't lose me, I guess:D:D:D.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I remember when I was 2 that I rode my big wheel down our basement stairs and I broke my nose on the metal pole that is right at the bottom of the stairs. Now I still have like a blueish spot right on the bridge of my nose that won't go away.

I also remember being in Kindergarten and liking this boy in my class. I would hit him all the time and he would raise his hand to tell on me and I would knock it down and kiss him on the cheek. I was such a bad kid.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

when I was 2 1/2 I ran and stepped in a wasp nest. Got out of it with around 150 stings.

when I was 6, I was in love with Linda (16-17) but didn't want to marry her because I thought that for the wedding the bride and the groom would have to dance naked in front of everybody. :$ Dammit, it wouldn't bother me now :):D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

My parents swore that for a 6 month period as a baby, they couldn't give me eggs or they ended up in my hair.

When I was about 9 or so, I saw a show about the smoke jumpers. So I grabbed a couple of garbage bags and twine, made a parachute and jumped off the roof. Mom was NOT amused.

Then there was a show about rock climbers. The climbing looked like fun, but hell, I was 9 years old - I was climbing everything in site already! Now, the rapelling down, THAT looked cool! So, I cut down the clothesline, climbed up a beech tree, looped the rope through a belt loop and started down....

(Note: I REALLY don't recommend a belt-loop rappel, for obvious reasons - can you say World's Worst Wedgie? I knew you could!

... anyway, somewhere around 10 feet up, the belt loop broke.... Mom wasn't amused, again.

After I grew up, she told me I HAD to have been the inspiration for Calvin of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.... I told her she might be right!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

for the wedding the bride and the groom would have to dance naked in front of everybody

For the first time in my life, I want to get married. :P

p.s. not to you, fish. Sorry.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

When I was about 5, I was at a fair and I had just gotten an icecream cone... I was walking around and not looking where I was going (with the icecream cone out in front of me) and I bumped into some woman... and the whole scoop of icecream came off and stuck to her butt.

Another time, we were talking about sins and I said that I had committed adultery a few times... So my mom asked me what adultery meant and I replied that it meant to think bad things about adults.

So my mom asked me what adultery meant and I replied that it meant to think bad things about adults.

Heck, I do that all the time!! Every time management calls over with another stupid question.... >:(
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmmm....

age 2--jumping off cousin's silo and landing in 'dirty' hay mound

age 2 1/2--jumping off other cousin's roof

age 3--crawling on farm tractor and releasing brake and having one of the funnest rides of my life weaving through field watching every family member I have at our family reunion chasing after me as I waved at them happily

age--3 1/2 falling asleep on our neighbor's unbroken stallion's back as he munched on grass out in the pasture, no one found me for a couple of hours and mom hysterical

I got more but those are a few from early childhood...;)

I announced that I had grown up, ran away, packed a bag and some food, hiked into the forest, and stayed there for three days and two nights. Apparently unbeknownst to me my father followed and watched me whole time the first day and night and my grandfather and brother did the next. When I ran out of food I came back to everyone's relief. They didn't make a big deal about it and I never seemed to want to do it again.:$:) I was 6 at the time.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

My older brother was a riot...also a friend on our street I played with all the time. They would always get in trouble too- not me as I was youngest, and a "good" little girl:P

I had a wart on my finger and was terrified as was teased I would get them all over...my brother told me to stick my hand in the toilet every time I pissed- and hold it in there for 5 min. I did until my mom got some medicine and told me that pee didn't get rid of warts:(

My friend and I stole milk off doorsteps on the street we lived on- dumped it all in my sandbox to make some cool mud pies, then he pissed on them and told me I had to...I dropped my pants and peed too.:o

My brother taught us how to make fart sounds using our hand cupped under our arm pit. Wow! we thought this was bad so hid and made fart sounds:P

A young kid wearing only a diaper and sucking on a bottle was in our playground after school. His diaper was loaded and hanging down to his knees. We knocked it off with a stick- ewwhh:S and then his mom came running yelling at us.

Climbed a tree and got stuck, cried for hours until finally someone came and helped me down.

My brother and I ran away with empty pop bottles, went to the corner store for candies- stayed out until dark...and I got scared so he took me home:D

Growing up was so much fun:P
especially because we never really did anything "bad" but always thought we were.

SMiles;)

i was eating out with my parents for dinner once wheni was about 7 or 8...i ate y whole dinner and then gulped down a big glass of orange juice... guess my stomach didn't like the orange juice so up it came onto my plate at the table......... filled the whole thing almost all the way.......put a napkin over it and the bus boy took it away........ always thought that was pretty gross, but i can't go back and change anthing...........

and then there was this time i hid from the school bus by standing on the ohter side of a tree while it pulled up and picked up my sister....... my mom was pissed wheni walked back to the house and she had to drive me to school......

and then this one time at band camp... oh wait, wrong way to start out.... how about this...... no shit there i was, thought i was gona die....... was driving the girlfriend around when i was 16 and had a couple kids she was babysittingin the back seat... went to go over some train tracks i hadn't been over before and my car liked to take em fast for a smotherride so i slowed to maybe 25.. well whati couldn't see was thatthere was a drop off behind the tracks and my car went right for it... got all 4 tires of the ground and slammed the front end hard when i came down..... thought i busted something but not even the alignment was messed up.. i was lucky and the kids inthe back thoght it was cool...i told them never to tell thier parents about that.....lol....

When I was little I was a con artist. I sold lemonade at a little stand by the golf course and when golfers asked how much the lemonade was I fed them a sob story about how my parents wouldn't buy me a new bike and I was trying to pay for it myself and they could pay however much they wanted. (I was stealing the lemonade mix from my mom so I didn't have any cost :)
When I was younger than that I apparentally seized on the idea that I would paint rocks and then stand in the middle of the road at the entrance to our neighborhood and make people buy them before they could enter.

I opened my window and ran away to the neighbors house at 5 am because they were a nice old couple and they had a freezer they kept stocked full of Flinstones' push up pops for the neighborhood kids and they had a pool.

I once tried to forge my dad's signature on a bad test I had gotten, but wrote it in erasable pen and decided to erase it and try again since it wasn't very good the first time. Unfortunately for me I wasn't smart enough to relize the first attempt was still visible to the teacher. Sister Mary Alice was a mean one too.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

It seems some of my 'little kid' memories involve being lost:S. Geesh, couldn't they keep track of me?:D

The same with me! Except my parents don't let these memories fade because they told these stories overrrrr and overrrrrr.
I was always in some kind of cast (jumping + heights = cast) ... that took a while to register and apparently i don't care! :D
I'm convinced we invinted indoor snow (all you need is a bag of flour)... our babysitter freaked out and got the mop which just made it into a huge pizza dough floor.
Playing treasure hunt with real stolen treasure... arggg!!!! (note: stolen treasure is scored when your mom takes off the wedding rings to wash her hair). We lived on 1.7 acres and me & my sister were only 2 & 6... feel free to hunt for treasure at 205 vista robles san antonio texas because they never found it! arrrggghhh mataaaay!!!
Took all the labels off the cans in the pantry. My goal: no more veggies. My reality: surprise suppers (cranberries, chili, with a side of pie filling)
Heidi

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

I announced that I had grown up, ran away, packed a bag and some food, hiked into the forest, and stayed there for three days and two nights. Apparently unbeknownst to me my father followed and watched me whole time...

They just told you they watched you... Didn't want you to feel unloved! :P:D

I posted a whole list of childhood memories last night, and then got a proxy error when I hit "post reply"!

Let's see if I can remember a few.

- Around three or four years old, I had no concept that objects could be so heavy that I could not lift them. I went out onto the driveway to my dad's green Duster, grabbed under the bumper, and quickly found out that little boys cannot lift 5,000 lb. Detroit steel!

- I was a huge fan of the Batman t.v. series. Mom would safety-pin a blue bath towel around my neck as a cape. (Batman is probably why my favorite color is blue.) My brother, who was 15 when I was 6, would take me out to the back yard and we'd have "Batman Fights." These consisted of me trying my best to beat the shit out of my brother, and him flopping around when I'd hit him, pretending I'd really walloped him. He'd put me in all kinds of grips and holds and we'd rassle around on the grass. Great fun!

- I figured I was old enough, at 6 or 7, to change a light bulb in the lamp in my room. I had unplugged it for safety, but when I went to plug it back in, apparently I bridged the two prongs of the plug with my thumb, because I felt a wicked stinging vibration in my hand. I ran screaming downstairs to where my family was in the den watching t.v., insisting, "I'm electrocuted! I'm electrocuted!"

Needless to say, um, I was not. :P

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I opened my window and ran away to the neighbors house at 5 am because they were a nice old couple and they had a freezer they kept stocked full of Flinstones' push up pops for the neighborhood kids and they had a pool.

Uh oh... They didn't have a lot of photography equipment, did they? :P

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Playing treasure hunt with real stolen treasure... arggg!!!! (note: stolen treasure is scored when your mom takes off the wedding rings to wash her hair). We lived on 1.7 acres and me & my sister were only 2 & 6... feel free to hunt for treasure at 205 vista robles san antonio texas because they never found it! arrrggghhh mataaaay!!!
Took all the labels off the cans in the pantry. My goal: no more veggies. My reality: surprise suppers (cranberries, chili, with a side of pie filling)

How often do you type "LOL" and really truly mean that you were actually laughing out loud? This time I mean it! "LOL!" :D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey