g3ninfinite

Eye protection

Hey guys I'm looking for some long term eye protection. I have been using SORZ by I'm not satisfied with the durability of the lens. Im an Oakley M-frame guy and love the lens durability, unobstructed view and optical clarity but I doubt they would give me the wind protection I need.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys I'm looking for some long term eye protection. I have been using SORZ by I'm not satisfied with the durability of the lens. Im an Oakley M-frame guy and love the lens durability, unobstructed view and optical clarity but I doubt they would give me the wind protection I need.

Thanks in advance.

Might try SportRx.

http://sportrx.com/search_results.asp?type=sport&sport=skydiving

I have their prescription lenses in model 101, but they also make a windowpane (non Rx) version.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

I have only ever jumped skyeyes or similar soft plastic goggles. How do the non-gasketed sunglasses work if flying belly with the head up. I feel like wind would be whipping across your eyes and cause some serious discomfort/tears. I am very interested, though, if it's not too bad, to know if Oakley M-Frames with a strike or hybrid lens work well. I have a bunch of pairs and tons of different lenses (mostly clear) from my other hobbies.

What are some things to look out for using sunglasses vice goggles? What straps do people use? Is it something that I'd want to try in a tunnel first (provided they allow it)? I'm already getting a full face for at least the winter time and won't be using that until I have some tunnel time on it. I would also like to try the sunglasses there as well if it's going to be significantly different from the cheapie goggles.

Thanks!

I have only ever jumped skyeyes or similar soft plastic goggles. How do the non-gasketed sunglasses work if flying belly with the head up. I feel like wind would be whipping across your eyes and cause some serious discomfort/tears. I am very interested, though, if it's not too bad, to know if Oakley M-Frames with a strike or hybrid lens work well. I have a bunch of pairs and tons of different lenses (mostly clear) from my other hobbies.

What are some things to look out for using sunglasses vice goggles? What straps do people use? Is it something that I'd want to try in a tunnel first (provided they allow it)? I'm already getting a full face for at least the winter time and won't be using that until I have some tunnel time on it. I would also like to try the sunglasses there as well if it's going to be significantly different from the cheapie goggles.

Thanks!

Sunglasses look cool...that's about it.

IF you get a good pair of wraparounds that fit well against your face the wind is negligible, but it IS still there.

If your eyes easily tear, don't wear sunglasses...AS A STUDENT, which means jump numbers like yours...don't wear sunglasses & an open-face helmet

They 'can' be a distraction - if you tear up or they blow around diverting your attention.

No disrespect meant - stick with actual goggles until your competent enough to jump with no eyewear at all, and not be bothered by it.

Jump sunglasses long enough and eventually ya prolly WILL land long after they did. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks - it sounds like my concerns are justified, and I agree with you that I should stick to the goggles for some time. Already don't want to change much if anything at my level of experience.

I'm kind of surprised about people jumping with no eyepro at all and not being bothered by it. Maybe my eyes are just sensitive. I can't really imagine tracking my motorcycle doing 120 mph with the face shield up.

I admit that it would be really nice at some point odwn the line to be able to use the M-frames with a VR28 lens on overcast days.