bch7773

Big disapointment with a blackhawk

One of my skydiving buddies has a friend in the army who flies blackhawks... we are always asking him if we could jump outta it. We find out the pilot is leaving for iraq in december.

Last weekend as we were about to send up another load at the DZ, a blackhawk helocopter flies down onto the runway and lands... I start getting excited, and go make sure my rig is packed and i have my camera. I'm thinking this must be the pilot and hes coming to give us a jump before he leaves. I'm practically dancing on my way to gear up.

so imagine my disapointment when the damn thing takes off and starts flying again. We talk to him on radio and discover hes a random blackhawk pilot out practicing. :(:(
well at least i got to see him driving down the runway... i didn't know helocopters could drive around on their wheels.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I have heard a number of funny stories about jumping from blackhawks. I would love to jump from one eventually.

But the one that I can remember is the load organiser asked the pilot to be told 6minutes, 3min, and 1min from jump time. They are gearing up on the ground before boarding the pilot approaches the jumpers and calls 6 min. Confused look on the face of the jumpers as it was like a 14000 feet jump.

If the Army is like the Marines, then I would have to say, emphatically, NO!

Its not...But I do remember one Marine female Officer.....WOW. I was at attention.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You really didn't miss all that much. I had much more fun jumping Rod's 412 than any Blackhawk jump I ever did. The Allouette is nice for a Helo jump as well. I always find myself sitting in the front of that thing thinking "Wow......this thing isn't made out of much. It's almost hard to believe it flies!" :D

The Allouette is nice for a Helo jump as well. I always find myself sitting in the front of that thing thinking "Wow......this thing isn't made out of much. It's almost hard to believe it flies!" Laugh

I always think, "Damn... I need to go to home depot and build one of these for myself."
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.