eightate8at8

Jumpsuit alteration

I picked up this jumpsuit used a couple weeks ago, with a Z1 helmet for an awesome price. It fits well, colors are cool, the only thing is is that I don't really care for the booties. The first few jumps with it, I can definitely tell the difference, however I don't believe I like it.

I was wondering if it would be possibly, or an easy task, for someone to remove the booties so that it ends up just sort of like a freefall bottom, with an elastic strap to go into my shoe and under my foot..

Good ex. this pic, where I just have the booties tucked up inside.. (attached)

Taking them off would be fairly straightforward, but you might want to wait on that decision till you have a few more jumps. If the reason you don't like them is that the booties don't fit quite right they can be modified to fit better (easier if they're too long, but probably still possible if they're too short). If you plan to continue doing RW jumps I think you'll ultimately find that you want the booties and may regret chopping them off at this early point.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah.. waiting a little wouldn't hurt. I really don't see myself sticking with rw too long, and going freefly instead but I guess you never know this early on.

I just am not sure if I like the feel of them. The extra power is there in my feet but I don't feel I need it. I have alot of power in my thighs/knees as I've been working on that for a little while..

What would be nice is some sort of detachable system! :P

They just removed the booties and simply made it into a straight leg. It would have cost a little more to have cuffs installed with velcro closure but the straight leg was fine with me so I went that route and saved a few bucks. But one thing is for sure; I did not like the booties. To me they are more trouble than they are worth. Hope this helps.

The extra power is there in my feet but I don't feel I need it. I have alot of power in my thighs/knees as I've been working on that for a little while..

Let's face it Einstien, you haven't been working on anything for a little while, you haven't been jumping long enough.

While I'm sure you think you all sorts of power in your thighs and knees, there's a reason all the top RM guys use booties. Maybe ask some of the more experienced RW guys about how to use the booties the right way and go with that.

As far as freeflying goes, you'll need another suit for that anyway. Even if you take the booties off this suit, it won't make it into a freefly suit.

The suit is for RW. Booties are for RW. Leave the suit alone, and start freeflying.

Alright? I'm not looking to go into RW, and I just personally don't like them, flying with them nor are they comfortable. I know it won't be a freefly suit but it will be more friendly than with the booties on. I'd rather spend sub $100 and take them off then a couple hundred on a new suit, a couple hundred which I don't have..

For freeflying get a pair or Carhart cargo pants and slip a piece of bungee into the already made hem at the bottom. Get pants too long for you and they'll bunch up at the bottom. It's a cheap solution to paying $100's for what amounts to the same thing. Save the booties jump suit for when you get some time in the sport and come to the conclusion that you ain't nothing till you can do it all and do it well. (If you intend to stay in the sport you may find yourself looking for new challenges eventually and RW is as great a discipline as anything you're likely to do. So do it all and dismiss none of it, grasshopper)

For freeflying get a pair or Carhart cargo pants and slip a piece of bungee into the already made hem at the bottom. Get pants too long for you and they'll bunch up at the bottom. It's a cheap solution to paying $100's for what amounts to the same thing. Save the booties jump suit for when you get some time in the sport and come to the conclusion that you ain't nothing till you can do it all and do it well. (If you intend to stay in the sport you may find yourself looking for new challenges eventually and RW is as great a discipline as anything you're likely to do. So do it all and dismiss none of it, grasshopper)

Me gusta, thanks B|

For freeflying get a pair or Carhart cargo pants and slip a piece of bungee into the already made hem at the bottom. Get pants too long for you and they'll bunch up at the bottom. It's a cheap solution to paying $100's for what amounts to the same thing.

sweet idea dude, do you know of any other alternative to the entire jumpsuit? like some sort of overalls or something?
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

For freeflying get a pair or Carhart cargo pants and slip a piece of bungee into the already made hem at the bottom. Get pants too long for you and they'll bunch up at the bottom. It's a cheap solution to paying $100's for what amounts to the same thing.

sweet idea dude, do you know of any other alternative to the entire jumpsuit? like some sort of overalls or something?

:|
I guess we've finally come full-circle.

You could always go to Sears and pick up a pair of coveralls for 20 bucks. If you're concerned about style, your local corrections department might have some inexpensive surplus ones in day-glow orange.

:|
I guess we've finally come full-circle.

hey broke ppl gotta jump too you know. :P Actually with the money I paid for tuition this semester I could have gotten a brand new custom rig, all the shiny new gear I wanted and jumped to my hearts content but alas reality is squatting on all that LOL ...
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

Just tuck the booties in until you get enough skill to appreciate what they do for you.

For FF - get a ff suit, or a pair of coveralls

don't be that one discipline wonder (they turn into assholes eventually) - all the disciplines are a blast with the right crowd to play with

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am with everyone else, I don't think you feel the booties because you havn't really used them yet. I am still learning how to use booties correctly, but wouldn't do an RW jump without them. You say you aren't into RW, but how many group jumps have you actually done at 25 jumps? Give it a while till you do some 2-8 ways to decide that you don't like RW. Really you shouldn't have any group jump experience being at 25 jumps, so I dont know how you came to that conclusion. :-P

-Evo
Zoo Crew