KawiZX900

fell asleep behind the wheel

and plowed into somebody's front yard. No license. no registration. anybody know what to expect with somthin like that in CA?

had to cancel three big meetings this week. dosn't matter. I only had two hundred dollars to doom anyway. so no wheels. no apartment. 29 and moving back in with the folks. I am dazzled by my success.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

...29 and moving back in with the folks. I am dazzled by my success.

In San Jose, CA years ago, I went with a girlfriend to her employer's Christmas party; her boss commented that his son wasn't too bright, and that he just wanted the kid to get a degree in basket weaving or something so that he wouldn't spend his adult life working at 7-11 and living with mom and dad.

In California it means, an extension of your already revoked license privledge, fines up the wazoo, and court time. . .also, the car will be impounded - if you don't get it out and pay reg fees, then you will have more fines to deal with as well as a very large hit on your credit.

Also, you won't be able to get your license back until you pay all of these fees.
FGF #6
Darcy

sent PM,
i am very interested in this as i have been in very similar position but outside of the US.
Skyyhi, do you not think this would be any jail time, like 1-3 months or something? i mean driving without a license, no insurance, and either dangerous driving or careless driving? those charges could add up?
If he had lost his license he would be up on all those as well as driving while disqualified, surely this would be jail time?
I sure hope not, as not decent person should be locked away for a simple mistake but i am not the judge.
I would in any court case though plead guilty if you guilty instead of not guilty and wasting the courts time as they would then hand down a harder punishment.
My opinion comes from experience outside the US though.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Get a lawyer MONDAY![:/]

I have the names of a couple out in East County
that helped me out in similar situation....
...well...'almost' anyway!;)

A lot will depend on your PAST driving history.
If you have DUI's or if you've been nailed before
for no Lic. Reg. Ins. you have problems.

If your record is fairly clean...and you didn't do any property damage, all is not lost! But you will need a lawyer to assist.

When you go to court...HAVE A JOB! :o

Any job will do...they just want to know you won't run..and will eventually pay the fines.
Again depending on your record...but you're probably looking at 3-4 thousand bucks before your 'clean' again...and they work with you on 'installments'

PM me if you need the name of a Mouthpiece!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hate to be the spoilsport. But if someone was this careless (tired while skydiving) and caused a collision or worst would we view it the same. Also it is not just one thing that he did wrong, he would have had knowledge he had no license and no insurance and also that he was tired.

Also I am very interested why he has no license, did you loose it before. I mean I am not perfect and have done my mistakes in a car, however I have learnt my lesson and know that a car, skydiving, motorbike, snowboarding are not places to take lightly. When you do one of these things while tired, drunk, drugfuked, or peer pressure, you may not just hurt yourself but other people. Would you jump with someone without a skydiving license, if not then why would we not be disappointed to hear when someone drives without a license.

KawiZX900, sorry to hear this has occurred to you. And I am also sorry if I sound a bit harsh above, I just hope you use this as a wakeup call like I have. Also cars are so not my favourite thing at the moment.

Btw you could also take my one of my house mates approach to handling police and that is hide under the blankets whenever they try to serve something on him.

Hate to be the spoilsport

Sounds it:S

Btw you could also take my one of my house mates approach to handling police and that is hide under the blankets whenever they try to serve something on him.

and that is responsible, is it?

people post in these forums about their non skydiving problems for moral support, not to be made to feel bad about their mistakes and misfortunes

sorry to sound a bit harsh
_

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

anybody know what to expect with somthin like that in CA?

Sure. 3 things:

1) Administratively (DMV) - say "See ya" to your license for a while. Maybe longer than five years. You have the right to a hearing, though.

2) Criminally - You need to look here and here for a start of what you're facing. Read these code sections and find out where you fit in. Without your prior history, I can't tell you much, other than typically jail tiem and/or a fine is indicated. This would also include court costs and police administrative costs.

All I can say is you're likely pretty lucky you didn't hurt anybody. If someone got hurt, you'd be fucked.

Civilly - you'd be liable for damage to the property.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I do hate having to be the only voice of reason but I just think a skydiver needs to have a close grip on action and reaction. I just dream of a world where every one I jump with are responsible (me wakes up now).

Bigway, I agree that people need moral support, I just also think there needs to be a hint of "you goof" thrown in. Sorry again if I went over the top, just cars are so not my favorite thing at the moment. I said more in my post, than I would have if it was a flame. I put myself out there not nearly as much as he did and also did not make it totally negative.

Btw kwaka why were you not on a bike, instead of driving an evil cage? Hope all goes well, I truely do.

FYI - My housemate is far from responsible hence why he is being thrown out.

I just also think there needs to be a hint of "you goof" thrown in.

Trust me...he knows!

From following some prior post Kawa has made,
it's clear he's in a "transitional" period for lack of a
better term. He's trying to promote so new concepts
to the area, entertainment wise and has several
different things going on at once...

Seemingly with good potential down the road,
but clearly a grind in the beginning.

Times are hard..money is tight...and damn man~
SHIT HAPPENS!

We have a brother here that needs a HAND..not a BOOT!!! :)

I know ...I've been there more than once...[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Would you jump with someone without a skydiving license...

Used to be that all you needed was your logbook(s) when visiting a new dropzone, but the USPA club doesn't want you to use our public airspace unless you grease their wheels with membership and licensing fees. Sadly, the current generation doesn't object to being controlled.

yah. the system is kinda fuked insofar as that I the producer of my own manifest dest gets to roll all over fucking creation. eat shit and grin not getting paid for what I do, getting paid shittilly for what i do to pay the bills, which doesn't pay the billz... even if i hadn't have nodded off i wouldn't have had rent, or gas past thursday, no car payment at the end of the month, no insurance payment at the end of the month, none of my mountain of debt paid off or anything else....

I did manage to get up to West Coast Customs today for an interesting meeting that yielded nothing more than compliments and a consideration to move forward en force. But as I've come to realize compliments and consideration don't pay the bills.

Perhaps when the judge asks me if I know that I could have killed someone I'll tell em that I could have done that if I joined the marine corp. or if I know what kind of penalty this kind of thing carries... " I don't know.... how stiff do you want to make it?" hell I'm a twenty dollar millionare who should i write the check out to?

i was tired of playing that game anyway. better to be fuked then running the risk of being fucked. It was all a matter of a couple of sheets of paper and a couple freakin dues that I couldn't pay that are going to give me my daily double.:S

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

hehe kwaka i didnt understand most of your post. I would suggest when talking to the judge, pretend to be very sorry for your actions. Once I was borderline in getting a heavy penalty, but how I reacted meant the cop put the lower penalty for me. A few minutes of pretending (or actually being sorry) could mean alot less heart ache.

I do feel for you, but seriously break things down into parts and see if you can slowly get back to where you want to be. Mind you the first step is confidence, it helps with getting jobs, girls, your relationship to parent and so many other things. It might feel shit at the moment but it will be alot worst if you let everything take you even further down. Bleh, I would ignore me if you havent already.

Perhaps when the judge asks me if I know that I could have killed someone I'll tell em that I could have done that if I joined the marine corp. or if I know what kind of penalty this kind of thing carries... " I don't know.... how stiff do you want to make it?"

Right away I knew that you were looking for a bit of sympathy, like someone else already mentioned, but at the same time, as soon as I read that you were driving 1) without a license, 2) without insurance and 3) while too tired to keep yourself on the road, I found the harshness-factor in me rising.

Man, think of how pissed off you would be, the names you would call, the damage you would do, to someone who did exactly what you did and fucked up your shit. I know you fucked up your own car, yeah, but you weren't the guy who didn't leave himself in harm's way -- the guy whose property you hit was. He's the guy who should feel pissed off and indignant.

But from your comments above, you don't sound like you're taking much of a lesson from this. You sound like you just want to smart-off to the authorities you hold responsible for your predicament. Well, to start with, if you had gotten off the road when you felt too tired to drive, the fact of the other two infractions never would have made themselves an issue, right? I did this just a few weeks ago, driving back from the DZ -- I actually pulled off I-95 and slept for 45 minutes at a rest area. Sure, it's a waste of time, but it's a waste of time that may have saved my life, and the lives of other people on the road who weren't asking for me to collide with them.

Sorry this has to happen to you at a tough period in your life, but you really should be taking your lumps about it instead of getting defensive and trying to turn it around with smartass comments about how many people you could have killed had you joined the marines. This is not at all related to that, and you surely know it. This is about you and choices you made to do irresponsible things. Anyone here could have been in your path when you fell asleep, or anyone here's relatives or friends. If you had killed someone -- you left that up to chance, and got lucky -- would you be so flippant?

Get a lawyer.
Spend the money.
Learn the lesson.
Determine not to fuck up like this again.
Do what it takes to keep from doing so.
Don't drive unlicensed, uninsured and tired if it would ever piss you off to have someone wreck your shit doing the same -- and you KNOW it WOULD.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"