Unstable

My Perris Fantasy.....

I've had enough of Kansas. I've had this plan in my mind for about a year now, I'm going to make it come true next chance I get.

I'm going to runaway to Perris. Take an Entire Summer jumping vacation. Pay for a Bunk in their bunk house upfront for an entire season. Live out of the back of my car. Jump 6 days a week and go to Church on Sunday. I would Buy two or three of their "60 Jumps for $1,000" deals. I could learn to turn points competitively on my belly or become a more competent canopy pilot. Hell, get my Tandem rating and see if they'll let me do some tandems - if it's not my rig, they don't even need to pay me. I'd clean to - just let me clean & help out - I'll do it for fun. I just want to be at Perris.

Is Darrel, the RW LO still at Perris? He's cool because he put his reputation on the line to get me on a Challenging load at WFFC. I'll have to say hi to him sometime.

I just wanted to Rant. I've been on their webpage now almost everyday for hours - day dreaming......
B|
=========Shaun ==========

Sounds like a plan. You could save some cash by living in a tent. They'll let you do that for free and it's an option that more than one person has taken advantage of.

Daryld (note the spelling) is still at Perris; sometimes LOing and sometimes at the Jim Wallace School.

Try not to do too much "free" work. A little every now and then when somebody needs help is appreciated by everyone, but too much is just taking work away from folks trying to make a living.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Try not to do too much "free" work. A little every now and then when somebody needs help is appreciated by everyone, but too much is just taking work away from folks trying to make a living.

Oh yeah!!! I forget sometimes that people skydive for a living! :P I'm so used to being at a club dropzone where everybody just pitches in & does what they can and expects nothing in return. You are correct though - maybe I could get a job in Manifest (I've got 2-years experience in DZ office work!!) :)

m Manifest has had a sign up for a while saying they're hiring. I haven't jumped in 6 weeks or so, so I don't know if it's still there or if they found someone

I know, I've seen the ads too. [:/][:/][:/] It's all relative anyways - I'm leaving for Korea for two years here in about a week. I'm just depressed to not jump for that long, and well as scheming up big plans for spring/summer 2007.. :)
edited to put in Smilies so you know I'm not being a jerkface...

Is Darrel, the RW LO still at Perris? He's cool

--------------------

OMFG!!! THAT'S funny!!! Nobody tell him that these words were spoken...they'll go straight to his head...
:D

-S

Daryld (note the spelling)

It's spelled Darryld.

And SBS....sometimes those who give and give and give need to hear they're appreciated. I know that Darryld and the L.O. guys really don't hear it enough.

Unstable....nice to hear you think so highly of Perris and wish to spend Summer 2007 with us. Who knows what wonderful additions will be here by then! The DZ just keeps adding things for our enjoyment every year! Welcome!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

You could save some cash by living in a tent. They'll let you do that for free and it's an option that more than one person has taken advantage of.

Last time I jumped at Perris.......it was 107F. I think sleeping in a tent MIGHT suck in those conditions. Probably as bad as sleeping in a tent in July at Camp Lejune, NC. B|

Manifest has had a sign up for a while saying they're hiring. I haven't jumped in 6 weeks or so, so I don't know if it's still there or if they found someone.

Can they sort out a green card for me??? If so I am so there, guess Ill have to pop over when I get to Elsinore in jan,

33 days to go woo hoo....

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Make your fantasy a reality. Perris is a great place, everybody err. yeah everybody is reaaly cool. I'm sitting at the Bombshelter right now,Gypsy-1 is loading woo-hoo!. I saw Daryld last night and I think his head may be to big for his helmet. Anyway go for your dream; summer days are hot but nights are cool. I stayed from May to August in my van and I loved it. Balloons in the morning! Yes

----------------

I saw Daryld last night

Sheesh! If you're going to admit "seeing Darryld last night" at least spell the man's name right!

ltdiver

Hell, I was proud just to get the "d" in there! I guess I 'll get him to sign my log book, maybe you too, if you aren't too mean to me!
Any way I 'm liv'n my Perris fantasy, well almost; Can you guess what's missing?

--------------

Hell, I was proud just to get the "d" in there! I guess I 'll get him to sign my log book, maybe you too, if you aren't too mean to me!
Any way I 'm liv'n my Perris fantasy, well almost; Can you guess what's missing?

Don't bother. I've got his signiture in mine right here. I think it's his. It starts with a D. The rest is just scribbles. :P
Hmmmm, can I guess whats missing? Do you have a normal M-F weekday job that takes up some of your precious jumping time?

Don't bother. I've got his signiture in mine right here. I think it's his. It starts with a D. The rest is just scribbles. :P
Hmmmm, can I guess whats missing? Do you have a normal M-F weekday job that takes up some of your precious jumping time?

BUZZ
No! But I would be willing to bet a jump ticket that Darryld will be able to tell you without a second's hesitation, with that smart-ass smile. Tell you what; I 'll whisper it to Muscat and if I'm wrong your jumps on me!

----------

....nice to hear you think so highly of Perris and wish to spend Summer 2007 with us. Who knows what wonderful additions will be here by then! The DZ just keeps adding things for our enjoyment every year!

Maybe the DC 9 will be flying loads by then!!!

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

The FAA is still holding things up in the air. It's all about the paper work.
I saw Pat Conasater (son/pilot/part owner) in November and he said that they can do some "Test Drops" really soon. I asked what do you have to "Test Drop"? and he said,"skydivers of course" I asked where (Location/DZ) and he wasn't sure. I suggested Cal City since it's out in the middle of the desert. He mentioned Cal City's run way may not be long enough. So then I said land and load at Mojave
and then put us out over Cal City's DZ. The two airports are about 10 miles apart as the crow flys.

So well see

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”