BillyVance

More movie trivia

Dan Akroyd co-wrote the scripts for both, him and Belushi were pretty hard-core for method actors, well, to a point...during the filming for the Blues Brothers they lived together in a small apartment so they'd act the relationship better on film.

The script for the Ghostbusters had to be rewritten for Bill Murry's style.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Okay, I just looked it up on IMDB. Dan Aykroyd was the common writer on both films (although Ramis was one of the writers on Ghostbusters). Aykroyd was my second guess. I think it was John Landis I heard talking about Aykroyd writing Ghostbusters. I think he was working on it while they made Blues Brothers.

Edited to add: I see you beat me to the reply.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

The script for the Ghostbusters had to be rewritten for Bill Murry's style.

That's interesting--I've often wondered about that. The Venkman roll seems taylor made for Murry but a little out of character for Belushi.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I can't think of any hard trivia to figure out... But this is another easy one:

In what movie was a dead horse chain-sawed in half in the dean's office?

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

OK, my turn. And I don't think you can get the answer on IMDB (haven't checked though)...
The following is not "official", but I heard it from very, very reliable sources:
Which actor turned down the part of Andrew Beckett in the feature film "Philadelphia" (part which was eventually played by Tom Hanks, "making" him who he is today)?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Who played the part of the Dead guy in "The Big Chill".
His face was left on the editing floor, and I think it was his 1st movie role
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Who is Kevin Bacon!

What commonality do the following movies share...
"Willow"
"The Frighteners"
"Angel at my table"

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Who is Kevin Bacon!

Hmm I thought it was Kevin Costner[:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hmm I thought it was Kevin Costner[:/]

doh!! I knew it was a Kevin...do I get partial credit!! You're right - I suck....you're cool - I'm stupid...you're attractive - I'm not...

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

How about another Ghostbusters trivia question?

In what city is the skyscraper building located, which was used in the scene where the marshmallow giant climbed up to the top and was melted? It's a real building in a real city. Every time I see it when I pass through, I always think of the movie... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You hard-core action movie fans should know this one - Who said this and in what movie:

"You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

You hard-core action movie fans should know this one - Who said this and in what movie:

I believe that Clint Eastwood said it. Don't remember the name of the movie, though. :(
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I believe that Clint Eastwood said it. Don't remember the name of the movie, though. :(

Well it was the one made in 1971... :P

Jim Carrey in the Mask (for real)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Jim Carrey in the Mask (for real)

There have been a few knock-offs and spoofs, but Dirty Harry definitely said it first.

Go ahead... make my day... :D

Well it was the one made in 1971... :P

Dirty Harry.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself.

But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?". Well, do ya...punk?"

This is like the George Washington chopping-down-the-cherry-tree story. It is necessarily history, but is a piece of valuable Americana that needs repetition. :)